component speakers

Currently reading:
component speakers

syphon123

BlackSei The Beast
hi

has anyone put a ICE component speaker setup in the seicento? i.e a speaker for low end, and a tweeter. I thought mayb the low end speaker could go in the dash, and the tweeter of the pillar in the corner of the roof? it possible? and is it worth doing?

thanks

joe turner

Seicento Sporting 2000 X
Black
Black Front and Side Indicaters
JBL ICE + Pioneer DCEH8400 HeadUnit 6x9 in parcel shelf,16.5cm in rear arm rests, 10cm in front)
Abarth badges all round from abarthbadges.co.uk

The speakers I have put into my front dash are kenwood (??????), with tweeters hopefully at some stage to be fitted in the door pilliar, they are stuck on with blue tak at the mo.

To fit the speakers in the dash I found that mine needed cutting with some snips, this is because of the shape of the dash, if you look at the factory speakers they screw holes have already been cut.

There is ample space to fit speakers and crossover box into this space (I haven't had any trouble).

I think it is worth doing because the factory speakers are only 18 watt and I have now got 180 watt in.

None of my speakers are working yet (work in progress:D:D:D) but hopefully sometime soon it will be done.

Gaz[^][^][^]

Looks Good, Drives Like a Banana

hi

Ive replaced the fronts already
got a set of JBLs in there. just wondered if it was worth doing, and where the tweeter went. perhaps ill make this an idea once the boot install is done. thats taking priority at the moment, building the floor sunday, and monday hopefully the sub boxes.

if all goes to plan that is

joe turner

Seicento Sporting 2000 X
Black
JBL ICE + Pioneer DCEH8400 HeadUnit 6x9 in parcel shelf,16.5cm in rear arm rests, 10cm in front)

I have 4" JBL components in the front of my Sei.
The Midrange speakers are in place of the standard ones i.e. in the dash and the tweeters are mounted on the door panel 1/2 way between the door mirror and door handle, does that makes sense?!?
Anyway i would defo recommend getting component speakers as the tweeters make a difference and sounds so much better :D

"The Not so Fast but Furious"

where did you get them from, beucase I can only find JBL components that are 6.5". might have to invest when Ive got my amps

thanks m8

joe turner

Seicento Sporting 2000 X
Black

Have you tried looking for/heard of Infinity Kappa series 4" components?
They sound fantastic!
And yes, it's definately worth putting a set of components in, you'll be amazed by the sound difference and quality increase.

Si.
2.0 20v HGT

what's this? black cars only thread? coz mine ain't black ;)

i replaced my standard speakers in the dash with a set of sony ones - no idea which ones but they have tweets in the centre and the main body is white so you can see them thru the cover ;) my next step will be to get some lighting in there to light em up at night..

but my main point is do you really need seperate tweeters? - it is a hassle to fit em, and there are alternatives..

SEI-POWER

I'll have a look round for them infinity components. I think they'll make quite a difference because at the moment I am having to blanace most of my Headunits output to the rear, and it just sounds crap to be honest.

thanks for the help

joe turner

Seicento Sporting 2000 X
Black

Back