Company car ordered...

Currently reading:
Company car ordered...

JonnyBoy

Fat pigeon... APPLE!
... and it's not a Fiat! :eek:

I really fancied a Grande Punto 1.9 diesel, but they were too expensive... a Sporting would've cost me £150 a month in contributions and tax! (n)

So I've gone for another Ford instead... a Focus 3-door Zetec 1.6 Ti-VCT (115bhp) with the climate pack and 8-speaker Mp3 stereo, in metallic black :D :cool: It's a lovely looking motor (attachment pic is off Ford's car configurator but you get the idea), got loads of toys too and the handling is ridiculously good! :)

Only downside is that it'll take 8 to 12 weeks for delivery, during which time I'm stuck with a rather tedious Peugeot 307 hire car :sleep:

Attachments

• Focus Zetec 3-dr black.jpg
    Focus Zetec 3-dr black.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 23
uno_94 said:
all i can say is :yuck: keep punto

You are a fool. I wouldnt turn down a free (just about) brand new focus in favour of a 12 year old punto

uno_94 said:
but its a aaa aaaaa fff fff FORD!! :eek: :yuck: id have that punto over it anyday :D

:rolleyes: you will learn you dont give up things for free (just about), especially cars

David (WR): Yep, it's taxed, maintained and insured at no cost to me :D also get my business and commuting fuel paid for!

As Stu mentioned, I do get taxed on it, but it's only about £45 a month in tax and another £25ish a month as it's a bit more expensive than my company car allowance :eek: still, under £70 a month all-in for a brand-new Focus ain't too shabby! (y)

JonnyBoy said:
... and it's not a Fiat! :eek:

I really fancied a Grande Punto 1.9 diesel, but they were too expensive... a Sporting would've cost me £150 a month in contributions and tax! (n)

So I've gone for another Ford instead... a Focus 3-door Zetec 1.6 Ti-VCT (115bhp) with the climate pack and 8-speaker Mp3 stereo, in metallic black :D :cool: It's a lovely looking motor (attachment pic is off Ford's car configurator but you get the idea), got loads of toys too and the handling is ridiculously good! :)

Only downside is that it'll take 8 to 12 weeks for delivery, during which time I'm stuck with a rather tedious Peugeot 307 hire car :sleep:

Sounds good to me, shame its not a punto though :(

Its not a bad looking car, as long as its a 3dr! decent power as well!

Enjoy thats what I say :)

bloomfieldliam said:
Maybe being dumb here but why is a Focus cheaper than a Grande Punto?
Ford probably offer large discounts for fleet purchases.
H

bloomfieldliam said:
Maybe being dumb here but why is a Focus cheaper than a Grande Punto?

Were the choices limited JB?

Liam

Some of the prices really don't make much sense at first - I very nearly ordered a Focus ST1 5-door, which would have come to a total of only £80 a month. Only thing that stopped me was that I spotted the disclaimer about drivers under 23 not being allowed cars in insurance group 16 or above (n) :bang: ... gutted!

I think the Grande Punto is pricey as it's very new, in high demand and they don't know what it's going to suffer in depreciation so are assuming the worst. Annoyingly, the best bargains are actually Vauxhalls, but it'll be a cold day in hell before I drive one of those!

dave said:
*adds JonnyBoy to ignore list* :(

*buggers off to www.FFOC.co.uk :p * (nah, I'll stick around on here, big up the FF Non-Fiat Massive! :D )

good work on the focus (y) will out handle a grande punto anyday (y) (and I say that with considerable confidence).

With company cars depending on your job/position/income you get an allowance for transport to and from work and personal of course.
Say you are allowed upto £150 per month thru the business, that has to pay for... company insurance policy, tax, car payments, servicing, fuel.

but fuel and car payments are what gets part substiturted by you, so the company will give you an amount permonth to get a car that they think is suitable for the task (i.e a fiesta for going from one side of city to other, a focus for a good 10miles+ and a mundano for travelling 30miles+, you might get allowed like an audi A6 or a BM5series if you are travelling a lot of miles FOR the business (i.e lots of meetings and you are obliged to take whoever else is needing to go within the business), and pay for its insurance and tax, and then an 'allowance' for fuel and servicing, obviously servicing a new car thru its first 3years is going to be a fixed cost (all known at time of purchase supposidly) so its your fuel that is going to be the flexible bit

Steve said:
Best of luck with it. So the Punto is going then? How about the Capri?

Unfortunately the Punto has to go as I haven't got room to keep 3 cars :cry: it's advertised in the classifieds on here and on PSC in the hope that it'll be bought by someone who knows a bit about Puntos and will look after it. The Capri is staying as my long-term project car.

Good choice JonnyBoy, I did enjoy my focus while I had it. Never let me down, the ride was very smooth and went round corners like it was on rails.

Back