Technical Comfortmatic Woes

Currently reading:
Technical Comfortmatic Woes

Canex

Hi all,
does anyone have any circuit diagrams for the Ducato comfortmatic please? year 2014/15 2.3L
I have an intermittent fault on mine that gives the dreaded 'gear not available' message and fault code P2919-64 Transmission control unit faulty (Csc Fault) -Signal plausibility failure.
I had found the red wire connector was causing the problem in the past - pictured below (under bonnet, passenger side above fuse box) - this meant the pump wasn't running to pressurise the robotic system that powers the clutch, hence no gear change available. Now however, this plug is not the cause - there is no power to either side of the plug. there must be a solenoid and possibly an elusive fuse no 26 that I can't find. I rather think a bad connection - or another one I should say- as occasionally I hear the pump running.

any help greatly appreciated.

cheers
Chris
1681570444562.jpeg

Hi Chris you can download the M40 Robotized training manual along with other Ducato manuals from the downloads section -
https://www.fiatforum.com/downloads/ducato-m40-robotized-gearbox-training-manual.395/ or see the attached PDF.
It does give you the pin-outs for the Transmission ECU but not the wiring diagram associated with the system. Pin 31 is the one that activates the pump relay. Hydraulic Pressure Sensor from Pin 40 & don't forget the drivers door status Pin 78 to pressurize the system if pressure is too low.
Cheers

Attachments

• M40 Robotized gearbox.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 242
So, broken down again!
The lid was loose on the hydraulic fluid reservoir & it must have sloshed out!
I have topped hydraulic fluid up & it's taken about 250/300ml. If I turn ignition on & select gear it goes in and out ok & I can hear hydraulic pump running every few changes. I have done that lots of times to get the oil through & topped the fluid up after the first time.
If I start it in neutral and quickly put it into gear there is a big clunk & it goes in. I can then select neutral afterwards.
If I start it & wait, as soon as I try to select a gear it says 'gear not available'.
I've tried disconnecting the battery & leaving for 30 minutes but just the same.
Any one any ideas please ????????

So, broken down again!
The lid was loose on the hydraulic fluid reservoir & it must have sloshed out!
I have topped hydraulic fluid up & it's taken about 250/300ml. If I turn ignition on & select gear it goes in and out ok & I can hear hydraulic pump running every few changes. I have done that lots of times to get the oil through & topped the fluid up after the first time.
If I start it in neutral and quickly put it into gear there is a big clunk & it goes in. I can then select neutral afterwards.
If I start it & wait, as soon as I try to select a gear it says 'gear not available'.
I've tried disconnecting the battery & leaving for 30 minutes but just the same.
Any one any ideas please ????????
Did you depressurize the system before checking the level?

As checking the fluid level with pressure still in system will give a low level

Did you depressurize the system before checking the level?

As checking the fluid level with pressure still in system will give a low level
Thanks for answering - I realise that now but didn't then! It's currently being ripped apart to see what the clutch is like 😳😳

Hi Canex,
I have the same problem. Did you find the cause?
I'm having it stripped down now to find if it's the plastic bits on the clutch plate springs that have broken - hopefully it is!

I'm having it stripped down now to find if it's the plastic bits on the clutch plate springs that have broken - hopefully it is!
Nice did you also check/clean the master/slave unit for the clutch? Mine was really dirty. I just ordered new sails and cleaned everything.
1688455435639.png

Hi @Canex ,
Did they found the problem? I'm still waiting on the right parts and will replace next week the seals of the master/slave unit and the clutch & clutch bearing.

@ arjendj2 yes I think so.
As I suspected the clutch plate fitted to these vehicles from 2014 to about 2018 have seven springs that have plastic covers and these get very hot & break off - causing various problems such as getting stuck in the mechanism & throwing fault codes up that stop the gearbox from working - 'gear not available' I suspect the bits possibly get into the slave cylinder & cause that to leak as well. There is a huge thread on it here from the Netherlands - Google will translate it for you:
https://www.nkcforum.nl/topic/5-probleem-met-automaat-fiat-ducato-uit-2017/
Here are pictures of my clutch plate:

1688660338981.jpeg

1688660351337.jpeg

1688660366341.jpeg

I have had a Sachs clutch fitted now - without these springs! It amazes me that several suppliers still sell the original plates with the plastic bits!!
I can't tell you what it drives like yet as I need a hydraulic pipe replacing that will take nearly 2 weeks to get here from Italy :(
If yours is the same when it is taken out I strongly suggest you replace it with one without these plastic parts!!
This is the one I've had fitted:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125825339295

good luck!
Chris

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
@ arjendj2 yes I think so.
As I suspected the clutch plate fitted to these vehicles from 2014 to about 2018 have seven springs that have plastic covers and these get very hot & break off - causing various problems such as getting stuck in the mechanism & throwing fault codes up that stop the gearbox from working - 'gear not available' I suspect the bits possibly get into the slave cylinder & cause that to leak as well. There is a huge thread on it here from the Netherlands - Google will translate it for you:
https://www.nkcforum.nl/topic/5-probleem-met-automaat-fiat-ducato-uit-2017/
Here are pictures of my clutch plate:

View attachment 426390
View attachment 426391
View attachment 426392

I have had a Sachs clutch fitted now - without these springs! It amazes me that several suppliers still sell the original plates with the plastic bits!!
I can't tell you what it drives like yet as I need a hydraulic pipe replacing that will take nearly 2 weeks to get here from Italy :(
If yours is the same when it is taken out I strongly suggest you replace it with one without these plastic parts!!
This is the one I've had fitted:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125825339295

good luck!
Chris
Hi @Canex
My motorhome (11k miles, 2019) is currently in the Fiat Pro dealer with exactly the same “gear not available“ symptoms and they are recommending a clutch change. They know all about the rubbish plastic part. However, they will only replace with the 7 spring version, still with the plastic parts. They tell me it is uprated? My question is Did your Sachs replacement work out ok and did it solve your problem? Thanks

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi @Beagle10
yes, so far so good 🤞
I haven't noticed any real difference between how it drives now from before - apart from the fact I NOW HAVE GEARS :)

cheers
Chris

Back