Technical Colombo camshafts

Currently reading:
Technical Colombo camshafts

Hey guys has anyone replaced the camshafts in the in the B i am reading in some hgt forums of camshafts being replaced and the variators taken out... that might be a good idea for this pesky things...any pros and cons on doing that?

I was looking into the hormann cams this evening, not much info on them. just a big price of 899euros.

I believe BTRET from france has these columbo cams in his B. He's pushing 170bhp.

Seems there is lots of modding in greece , found a guy called DALLAS,
he does alot of turbo modding, but may be a good source to ask.

here's his no. 2104134624

I was recently on PM to HgtBill about his HGT. He has the C&B cams and is now looking to get an Emerald ECU to take full advantage of them. He pointed me at his HGT forum & I hope he won't mind me posting the link here.

http://puntohgt.proboards104.com/index.cgi

I would love to keep pushing for more power cams are expensive enough on their own. If you need a new ECU and other mods to take advantage the costs seem to spiral. There is a good thread about nitrous at the link posted above. I like the idea of nitrous because it is so cheap.

Danny from the above forum is still waiting for his car back from Clovertech after it's had C&B cams, alfa inlet and emerald installed.

Power gains are as yet unknown. Until he gets his car back I would suggest holding off and weighing up your options. Once he has it back and results are proven then it's time to think more seriousld.

Back