Tuning Camshafts any experience of them.

Currently reading:
Tuning Camshafts any experience of them.

Has anyone experienced a B with camshafts or any serious modifications like a Turbo. /supercharger..

I know there is Rustbuckets in Ireland , a few in Germany, Greece and Belgium and I was most fortunate to own a turbo'd B in the Uk for a short while. But just wondered if others have shared the rush..:devil:

Last edited:
To be honest a well engineered / converted B behaves like any other performance car. The downside is once you start modding it never stops as a whole load of components then need upgrading.

I got a complete motor / ECU which was fine..now we need to do the brakes, the clutch and probably the gearbox. It would also be nice to have bigger wheels and an LSD.

You see where this is going..if you aren't careful you end up with a 'money pig' that isn't a B anymore, can't be insured / isn't road legal etc etc..

A member from puntomk2 fitted cams to his Punto HGT with very small gains.

Another from greece fitted C&B fast roads, but the Hiatchi unit can't be mapped so he got standalone (DTA I think). The car made around 165bhp IIRC (The forum he was on has since died).

Another member of puntomk2 (Danny) has C&B cams fitted along with a few other mods but his Emerald standalone has taken 12 months to wire in (by a professional, and emerald themselves). The car is still with them so power and gains is unknown. Hopefully in a month or two it will be sorted and he can update you on the engine's performance...

Back