General Cold Weather Problems?

Currently reading:
General Cold Weather Problems?

Sharon1961

I put a new battery on my cinq sporting a couple of weeks ago and everything has been fine. However since this cold spell I have seen some niggly things happening with my car. First the passenger window(electric) wouldn't open for a few days and then it did, my central locking has stopped, and the car starting sounds like the battery is failing. I have had the battery checked and it still holds a full charge so I'm at a loss as to what can be wrong.

Help!!

It hasn't had a proper/full service as I'm short of cash after spending over £400 on other bits (driveshaft, clutch)recently. Would not having a service affect the window and central locking then?

Sharon

Sharon1961 said:
It hasn't had a proper/full service as I'm short of cash after spending over £400 on other bits (driveshaft, clutch)recently. Would not having a service affect the window and central locking then?

Sharon

No, but TBH in the very cold weather all electric windows are prone to sticking, as all modern cars have a safety cut out so that when it feels a force against it, like a kids arm for example, it stops working so as not to injure/kill etc which happened a few times in the 80's I remember when electric window switches were on door handles and kids standing on them and locking out window and chocking themselves to death, so when its cold and ice has formed the window sticks and cuts out the power to it stopping it from working.

plus anything electrical or mechanical doesn't really like to work when its cold.

Aaron.

Back