Technical Cold start problem at first start

Currently reading:
Technical Cold start problem at first start

Nothing new guys?

If the pin 2 of map is of , the engine start ok.The problem is lean mixture.

But how to fix that ?

The ecu need to remap,need more fuel at cool start .

with cold engine remove sensor plug and read voltage at pin 2 (at the sensor) now reconnect plug & read voltage again....(u can view all this on live dat if u have a scanner) a guess from me would be 5v plug off & approx 3v plug on...( depending on temps) then a corresponding temp drop as coolant warms.hth yann

I do a live test at pins of the ecu plug.
I know every wire from MAP sensor where did go in ecu plug.

The voltage depend of temperature, with MAP unplug is 5v standard, and with connected plug and engine coold is 3,33 V.
With the hot engine the voltage is 3.22 v.

But when i use the coold spray at senzor map and the voltage increase at 3,50-3,70 voltage the car start ok.

Hmm lambda,yes, but when u put the key on, the ecu read form some senzor Map and temp and do the mixt. The lambda read from exhaust, airflow.

If i dont find to remap the ecu, i tri a scam, a divice to lock the circuit of pin 2 about 1 min and than open.

Attachments

• IMG_20190525_143438[1].jpg
    IMG_20190525_143438[1].jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20190525_143414[1].jpg
    IMG_20190525_143414[1].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
Hi badboy20cm. I am from Romania too. Did you find a solve for this problem? I have the same issue with a Fiat Linea (323) 1.4, 59kw,77hp. On first start, i need to try 3-10 times to start. After start, car run in good conditions. I found an error P0172. Monday i will change the map sensor to see if the problem persist.

Nope, i dont solve.

Now i have 2 new map senzor BOSCH, one is identical (serial) with the old map from car , and another say is OEM map senzor for fiat 500, but have athor codes of them.

The problem persist, dont know what to do more.
At the fiat service say is no update for my engine.

New parts install:
-fuel injectors
-coolant sensor
-crank shaft sensor
-oil sensor
-map sensor
-fuel pump

Test used parts:
-purge valve ,not new but ok
-throttle body, not new but ok
-intake manifold

I put from fuel pump a pipe up front to the fuel rail, nothing change.
I dismantled the ECU and i check the conection of all pins,nothing.
I do a test , when i try first time to start i help the engine with starting fluid spray, and slowly slowly she start at the first time.

Yes because:

-start ok with startspray
-start ok with frezze map sensor and hack the ECU

But at the office fiat i dont find the solve, and i find new guys with this problem and same engine.

I ask a 1.4 owner but without no problems at starting in cold weather, to take a picture at the ecu, locate next to the car battery.

Just have to open the hood ,and loock at the batery side.A picture for us can mean solving the problem, so please help us.

My first cold spell since I got my 500 gucci .... this morning it took 3 attempts to start my car ? I was actually starting to worry [emoji23] I’ve ordered new iridium spark plugs.... just hope this sorts it

The car start fine from the first post when i punt new fuel map.

From that time, its start ok, not even a sec to stutter.
Ho need to do that, i will give free indication what to buy and what to do step buy step.

By the way, i put myself a new cluch, and fix a gearbox leak, put new seals, disassenbled gearbox differential,clean and change know friction.

For the future , disassembled dashboard to try fo fix pasager airbag bulging when is hot.

Hy ,

This days the problem reapear :bang::bang: After 11 months !!!
Did someone have another solution for this ?

I will try to put another costom ecu fuel map, but is curious why reapear.

Did the lambda sensor may do this ? That is the only sensor i dont change

Hi there, on the upper side of fuel injectors there is a fuel filter interior which you can change it screwing a screw and pulling it up. Then clean it with carb sprey or better change it with a new one if you find.

Back