Technical Coilover problems

Currently reading:
Technical Coilover problems

graemebryson

Hi everyone,

I'm looking some advice - I had coilovers put on this morning and since getting it back, my steering is horrendous, I'm obviously looking at a harder ride, but it's as if I'm driving on ice, it actually feels dangerous. Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

Cheers, Graeme

thats a symptom of overinflated tyres, but could be the tracking ect, this will ahve been drastically changed by the lower ride hight, I suggest a 4 wheel alignment (y) should cure it

thats a symptom of overinflated tyres, but could be the tracking ect, this will ahve been drastically changed by the lower ride hight, I suggest a 4 wheel alignment (y) should cure it

+1

check tyres, then get wheels aligned. If the problems stil there take it back to who fitted them and get them to check it over

Yup, porsche wheels :) got my coilovers sorted out today, tracking was off the chart when I took it for laser tracking haha, was 25mm out! Going to let them settle then drop it more if required, speed bumps at my work are toppers but!:p

Im sure il see you about, il give you a wave.

Seen your car a month or so back, had a look at the wheels back then. Where you working now?

Last edited by a moderator:
haha vance! how you getting on with your wheels!?

Ross, i saw a cheeky photo of it on facebook i think, followed by a status update regarding your exhaust? ;)

Yeah, im terrified i basically turn into a snow/gravel plow over the winter, so ill slam it in spring! ;) Also, Ross, you should see Ross Mackenzie's new golf, its outrageously low, he's carving up roads with his splitter!

Could make some £££ there ;)

I could have made a few ££ with that, but id spend it all getting my bumper repaired, the civic would turn into a snow submarine lol. My lane to work was an untouched road, the punto was using the bumper to scoop snow up – Bottom grill was stuffed – il try n get a pic.

haha vance! how you getting on with your wheels!?

Ross, i saw a cheeky photo of it on facebook i think, followed by a status update regarding your exhaust? ;)

Yeah, im terrified i basically turn into a snow/gravel plow over the winter, so ill slam it in spring! ;) Also, Ross, you should see Ross Mackenzie's new golf, its outrageously low, he's carving up roads with his splitter!

Ahh Graeme, I forgot you were my friend on FB lol. Yeah exhaust isn’t working just now, car has sat on my drive since Monday collecting snow. Il need to see it, when did he sell the swift? New Golf, what model?

Sorry for thread Hi-jack btw :)

I think he got the golf about september, something like that? Its a mk5, he's got coilovers sorted, looks awesome and i think hes got a set of BBS RS chromed on the way :)

Back