Technical clutch query

Currently reading:
Technical clutch query

Time to address an issue with my clutch.......never had any slippage under load, but the clutch engages/disengages towards the end of the pedal travel.

Sometimes takes two attempts to put into reverse.

Reading previous posts problems with the clutch slave cylinder are quite common, but these normally result in the pedal traveling to the floor and a visible leak.
Had a look below battery tray and can't see a leak and resevoir is still on max.

Is it still likely to be the slave cylinder and a worth while purchase as only £30 on Shop4parts.

http://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=s...1&secondary=13&opts=57&btnViewProducts=Search

Or is it worst case the clutch its self needing replacement.(n)

Hoping new fluid and a slave will be the issues as have future plans and don't want to change the clutch just yet.:rumour:

Maybe something as simple as a bleed??? surely even brake fluid has a servicable life and a thorough bleed to replace with new fluid.

Last edited:
I had the slave fail on me, after long time on highway arrive at intersection, try to press clutch and its alredy down...
Just popped it out of gear and pushed it form the intersection.
Before that it had the bitepoint just at the bottom and after the incident I remembered I had lifted the clutchpedal up with my toes earlier.
No warninglights about brake fluid level.

Slave leaks -> clutchpedal dips. Just pump it and see if the level on the reservoir drops.
After replacement I had to bleed it couple times until the bitepoint was in the middle where it should be.

Back