Technical Climate control problems---Hot & Cold

Currently reading:
Technical Climate control problems---Hot & Cold

garcor1952

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I had a look to see if anyone posted a similar problem to what I have but I have not found anything.

My car is a 2006 1.9 Diesel 8v Croma (230K KM)
I have had the car for nearly 3 years now.

The climate control on the passenger side blows only cold air, regardless of what the settings are at. The drivers side works fine. This of course means that only 1/2 of the windscreen will demist in the morning, and no one wants to sit in the front passenger seat!:eek:

Apart from supplying blankets and hot drinks to my passengers could anyone suggest a fix?

Also I downloaded a few of the elearn manuals from the croma download page but these will not open. Is there another link available?

Thanks
Gary

Almost certainly one of the distribution motors that drive the flaps has failed. Fairly easy to fix and not too expensive. (around £40 each depending on which one)

You will need to take the carpet/side panel off the side of the main unit on the passenger side. You can then operate the temperature and air flow path and listen to the motors. The one that does not work will be silent OR make a clicking/grinding noise indicating that the little worm drive mechanism is broken.

As for the eLearn manuals you have to download ALL of the parts and then unpack the first one and the rest will be unpacked as well.

Last edited:
Hi s130,

Thanks for that,
I will have a look at that in the next few days.

Gary

Apologies for the delay, I was without internet for almost a month..
Anyway,
Just to let you know, easy fix and at no cost.

When I took off the passenger side panel I saw the red arm on the motor had fallen off the heater valve, I just pushed it back and it locked on.
(y)
Working perfectly and now SWMBO is complaining that the car is too hot !:rolleyes:

Thanks again for your help
Gary

Well pleased it is fixed.

You are the first person (if I recall correctly) to have this type of climate control issue.

Problem could have been caused by moisture in the unit an when freezing the flap got frozen as well and the load caused the linkage too pop off.

Hopefully it won't happen again. Is also encouraging news for the rest of us Croma owners.

On the Bravos the motor unit worm drives break. If you are unlucky enough to have the "recirculate" motor go down then the whole dashboard has to be removed to get to the motor....... EXPENSIVE if out of warranty.

Back