Technical Climate Control [frost sensor fault?]

Currently reading:
Technical Climate Control [frost sensor fault?]

I made it!!!:D Today I take the climate ECU off the dashboard. Deckchair5, you were right I don't have the frost sensor (it is a long story how I learn it) but I have ECU from 1200cc version. I don't know why but it is a fact! Maybe it was replaced by last owner(not by himself of course, by a serviceman. I don't know why he install the wrong unit). Anyway, I solder a resistor(20 k ohm) to a 5th pin in the ECU and now it is thinking that the frost sensor is installed:rolleyes: and now the aircon is working! I don't know how that alteration will affect the system, will see.
Deckchair5, again thank you very much for your help!:worship:

That's great! I couldn't work out why your system was saying "Frost sensor" when you haven't got one but someone installing a 1.2 ECU would certainly cause the problems. It might still cause problems as that ecu is not meant for your system so I'd keep an eye on things for a while

Last edited:
Where is attachment 40591? Where exactly the resistor 20 Kohm is soldered? Picture, please.

Where is attachment 40591? Where exactly the resistor 20 Kohm is soldered? Picture, please.
Please note just how old this thread is The last post before you was March 2008.

No one who posted in this thread is showing as active on the forum any more.

You might be better to start your own thread in these cases.

I've seen since when this thread started, but I haven't found an answer to this problem anywhere else but here. Unfortunately, it was not explained in detail, so I continued the communication expecting an answer from someone who knows the answers.

I deleted the errors for the defrost sensor and the mist sensor. The rest are included in the proxy as present sensors, who knows when, and the problem is when writing changes to the climate control system. My attention was drawn to the problem with the entry of changes by a man from the Polish forum, because he had the same problem and solved it by doing proxy alignment several times in a row, without restarting MES, until the change went through.
So, the style 1.6 16v definitely does not have a defrost sensor, if it reports an error, it needs to be deleted from mes and proxy alignment done. It may happen that the MES will not enter the change from the first through the proxy, but the command should be given until it passes.

Back