General clear understanding

Currently reading:
General clear understanding

tomspunto

CENTERAL LOCKING IN MY TOTALY MANUAL PUNTO

hi can someone give me a clear understanding of the parts i need to install centeral locking into my punto also once this is fitted can i make this remote
with a decent alarm thanks
i know there is a lot of repeated questions on here and ive been looking for a while but i need to be sure of what i need

thanks guys + gals

it's alright mate, your from leeds, we'll let you off:D

I fitted c/l to my punto S model by taking the entire wiring loom from a 85ELX 5door (my cars a 5dr), also fitted electric windows, bootlight, elx door cards, steering wheel controls, auxilary fuse box etc etc.
cost me £45 all in for wiring, both new fuse boxs, leccy windows, locking motors, remote locking reciever box (but no blipper to make it wokr:( ).

there are easier ways of doing just the c/l
but I wanted my car to be basically like a high end factory model, so I haven't got ANY homemade wiring anywhere, all proper fiat wiring looms. very neat:cool:

sounds good thats what i want to do...is it just a case of going to a scrap yard and ripping a top of the range punto to pieces to get all the wire's... or can you just buy all the wireing?? i want electric everything.:worship:

follow in my footsteps young one, I will show you the path to ELX:D

I dumped a massive post in a thread about fitting electric windows or locking a few days back on here, find it and you shalt be rewarded with enlightenment, of ELX:D

some people think its totally over the top, but my electrical skills are OK if I start from scratch, but tbh a vehicle wiring loom is not a simple place to start!
you *can* buy a new loom, for the interior, but it probably costs £100's from fiat, and you'll have to wait for weeks for it to come.
I just did it because it whilst it took a few days to do it all properly (2.5days from ripping it out scrap car, to clearing mine out, to refitting all the goodies, basically a wkd), EVERYTHING worked fine on first try, never had any problems in 8months of it all being there. and it cost me £45 for EVERYTHING:devil:

basically find a 3dr if your's is a 3dr and a 5dr if your is a 5dr *(differences, and the cl will freak out if you put a 5dr loom in a 3dr).

75 or 85 or 90 elx will have all the toys you want, so will gt's and sportings.

search under my username and then central locking. I made an even bigger pretty much step by step post a few months back too

Last edited:
tomspunto said:
CENTERAL LOCKING IN MY TOTALY MANUAL PUNTO

hi can someone give me a clear understanding of the parts i need to install centeral locking into my punto also once this is fitted can i make this remote
with a decent alarm thanks
i know there is a lot of repeated questions on here and ive been looking for a while but i need to be sure of what i need

thanks guys + gals

I bought a remote locking kit from ebay, 2hrs to fit and has worked prfectly since... £25ish

Back