Technical ClassicPanda Door Locks

Currently reading:
Technical ClassicPanda Door Locks

AF1

Hi, I hope somebody can help with a problem with my son’s 1994 Panda. Passenger side door has never locked from outside and drivers side door lock has broken – barrel has popped out… His solution was to buy a piece of long wood and lock from tailgate….drivers door then opened by putting finger in hole vacated by lock barrel….

I am therefore desperately seeking replacement locks …..can anybody help?

Hi, I hope somebody can help with a problem with my son’s 1994 Panda. Passenger side door has never locked from outside and drivers side door lock has broken – barrel has popped out… His solution was to buy a piece of long wood and lock from tailgate….drivers door then opened by putting finger in hole vacated by lock barrel….

I am therefore desperately seeking replacement locks …..can anybody help?

I suggest you to read this thread (click the following link):

https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-classic/190806-door-lock-issues.html

, and to download word document from aca`s post in this thread.
Situation is not so bad if you still have drivers side barrel (popped out). Compleete structure of door lock, button and barrel and the way of dismantling and mounting of barrel in the button and button itself is shown in word file in aca`s post.
Inside the passanger door (somewhere on the bottom) there is still plastic part fixing the barrel into black button and may be metal ``U`` part which fix whole button with barrel onto door.
Compleete dismantling passanger side doorlock, and barrel, will fix the problem with unusable drivers side door lock - with some WD40 lubricant and by collecting eventually fallen parts -inside door (on the bottom).
Otherwise see this: (tools could be ordered through E-bay)

Last edited:
Hi aca,

Many thanks for the detailed info - it now appears that the passenger door barrel is broken too, and the drivers side lock barrel has been broken - metal broken off next to outer plunger.
I am now trying to locate new lock barrel, and still need to find ''U'' clamp in door........ to

tnx

Back