photo-1_1_.jpg

Panda (Classic) Classic Panda Bianca, Full Restoration.

Introduction

Today we began a full resto on "Apple" our 1987 Bianca model...:D

Found a paint sprayer with a yard big enough for us to strip out the car to a shell which is what we did..and 7 hours later Heike and me stripped every nut, grommet and bolt off the car.

We will get the engine out tomorrow so the bay can be re-sprayed (thanks for that Vern!..;)) and then clean and replace bits on that once out.

We have lots of new stuff to put on like bumpers, grille and wheel trims which will also get sprayed white.

The underneath will also be done as well as the inside...so should be complete and perfect..:D...(y)

The major surprise was just how fantastic the condition of the car was...:eek:..even the front valance and the inside of the front and rear wheel arches which everything removed showed no signs or rust!!

New suspension, brake parts etc etc...will be dug out the cellar and fitted..if needed or not....so there we are....pictures of the resto will follow as time goes by and all being well it should be done in about two weeks. Then off the the trimmers to have new twin sunnys fitted.

Now the car will not be worth the money which is going to be spent on it, but, It is a car we intend to keep forever and is the model which I originally had in the eighties... Wish us luck...:)

Now this car
Re: Full restoration begins...

Oh that's a beautiful sight, some lovely lovely shiny new bits there.....
would this be a bad time to say how much I don't really get on with the tyres I put on Grumbleweed since I espy the selfsame rubber on your shiny new rims:eek:

Oh bugger.....was hoping the tyres were going to be a good compromise. Had a choice of a few types of premium ones at the same price which was £31 each.

Oh well I would rather have a heads up Andrew...

The build is further on than the pics so I (or make that Trev!..:eek:) will post more very soon.

The rear underlay is Hardura which I got on ebay and cut to shape. The stuff in the roll is underlay for the front and has only a light coating of PVC on one side.

Had some other deliveries today from Italy...all sorts of little items I can't find in the uk plus a broken parcel shelf..:mad:

Finished painting the seat frames..didn't really need much...just a few bits on the bottom.

Spoke to the upholstery guys today..good news is the headlining is done...bad news is the seat covers will need taking apart completely! Long story, but the upshot is the cost has now gone to four times the original quote!...:eek:

Thanks for the encouragement guys and gals......nearly there...:)

The fabric paint I used on the sound proofing which in the engine bay I sprayed in the bath...it should just wash off as it does from your hands... Errr..no!!...I now have a very stained bath! Doh...:eek:

You may have seen I used draft excluder which was three rolls in a pack from the pound shop. Sticks a treat..(y) and does not show. As anyone who has removed the fresh air vents will know, the original sponge just crumbles away.

Looks like the've done a fantastic job on those seats Kevin :cool:

(y)

The seat looks dirty...but it's not..just a trick of the light. Price was the same amount of money the whole car cost me to buy in the first place!!! I'm having a real problem coming to terms with it!

Last edited:
Back