Clarkson - he's at it again

Currently reading:
Clarkson - he's at it again

lets get a few things straight here, the majority of you here have never driven the 1970's small fiats which is a pity. they all had performance and could give cubic capacity away to rivals and still beat them. the cars were full of "brio". todays fiats are anything but. very euro bland and like other rivals. they lack the "brio" of old and i am waiting for fiat to put it back. the 77bhp 1.4 engine is a new 8 valve engine designed for economy and not performance. the 16v engined puntos are fine as are the diesels, but none really performs which for an italian car is very disappointing. please can we see some real performing fiats again. i hope so.
as for JC, i usually find him witty and amuzing. may it continue.:)

dave said:
blokes an idiot calles it a super mini and compares it with a fiesta and clio, they are new panda size cars :mad:
and hes a cock pulling out to over take when there is a truck coming the other way :nutter:
no, the fiesta and clio are direct rivals. the punto just happens to be the biggest car in this sector.:)

pinin__prestatyn said:
Ah well he adores the coupe :D

But made the comment Quote:- Its just a shame Fiat dont make a decent Chassis to get that amount of power on to the road (n) as I said a grade A PILLOCK(n)

PNL said:
But made the comment Quote:- Its just a shame Fiat dont make a decent Chassis to get that amount of power on to the road (n) as I said a grade A PILLOCK(n)

Well since its based on the hot Tipo - which was hailed for its excelent chassis and ability to put power to road without losing handling or steering feedback - I find that a bit of a cheeky statement. Although much more power going down in a coupe. Then again - which FWD car from the mid 90s did better at putting 200hp+ down? :chin:

Hellcat said:
Well since its based on the hot Tipo - which was hailed for its excelent chassis and ability to put power to road without losing handling or steering feedback - I find that a bit of a cheeky statement. Although much more power going down in a coupe. Then again - which FWD car from the mid 90s did better at putting 200hp+ down? :chin:

Dead right Rob thats my point even if fiat made the best in the world Clarkson would just have to have a pop at them he cant help himself cos hes a PRATT do you think he would ever drive around in a family type car very doubtfull eh (n)

H2DaE said:
Read his review of the new Panda on that site, he didn't have a bad word to say about it (y)

Well stand back in amasement :D Now which one of you lot bribed him :D ;)

H2DaE said:
Read his review of the new Panda on that site, he didn't have a bad word to say about it (y)
Not surprising - it's probably the best car in the world ever, and people who drive it are REAL men (except Mrs Turboned... ;) ) (y) :p
H

Look at its this way,

Fiat have done probably the best PR move of any car manufacture!

1) The grande punto looks the ********! end of.
2) Its CHEAPER than most other jap - german - french (Very important) - and the other crap that comes out from around the world!
3) Would you rather buy the punto or a car that looks dead........a new golf say?

All these things and more will hopefully make people realise that italians know what they have been doing for years (Huh hum......Uno Turbo! :) ) but they make them out of the crapest materials around!

And i know that some of the modded grande puntos will look o sssooooooo goooooddddd!
Too me its just a great package!
I would buy one.

And as for the engines, well all know or have seen how the italians drive so fiat will obviously make cars specificly designed for point-to-point town driving but they arent like what they used to be (The 10+ year old Fiat owners will know what i mean!).

Every time i drive my mums Cinq Sporting (Even after having a Uno turbo for 1 year!) i just have a big grin on my face because it such a fun little car, even at 30 mph i just laugh!
Blowing away 1.2 Corsas.........:)

Remember the little train that could? lol
"I think i can i think i can!" lol

hmallett said:
Not surprising - it's probably the best car in the world ever, and people who drive it are REAL men (except Mrs Turboned... ;) ) (y) :p
H

No H you got that wrong you were talking about 1664 thats the best beer in the world probably ;) :D

look stop talkin cr*p. the best lager is fosters, and the best beer is flowers. end off.:D

Back