Technical Cinquecento SX Suspension Help Plz!

Currently reading:
Technical Cinquecento SX Suspension Help Plz!

Hello, i have a Fiat Cinquecento SX P reg, and my top rubber as gone in the suspension, when i jacked the car up, The wheel moves up and down alot and the suspension in knocking on the locking plate.

I phone my fiat dealer and the want 58 pound, just for the Top rubber which sits under the locking plate.

So i fort i may aswell buy a suspension leg from the scrap yard but i can only find a good condition one of an R reg Cinquecento Sporting.

Is there any difference with my suspension SX 899cc to a Cinquecento Sporting?? E.G Harder, Softer or even lower.

Please help as i will buy tomorrow if it fits.

Thanks !5P3N!

First, Fluffy does them cheaper, Shop4Parts, too, I think.

Second: safety wise, you must use a spring compressor.

Third, the top mounts themselves are the same on all Cinq (and non power steering Sei) but

Forth: Sporting strut/spring assemblies are shorter, so if you replace the lot, replace as a pair (and look at doing the rears ASAP). Get the anti roll bar and all the brackets while you're at it.

Just replace the top mounts not really worth it, if u just want it fix.

Ming

Not entirely sure what that means...........:rolleyes:

It's actually easier to replace both assemblies (no need for compressor) and likely to be cheaper from a scrappy than a single top mount new. Of course, there's the issue of knowing what you're getting...........

Back