General Cinquecento Overheating !!

Currently reading:
General Cinquecento Overheating !!

Easy enough job. If you've a flexi extension (or 1/4@ drive stuff) you can do it without taking off the coil pack. Yep, directly underneath it. Usually they come with a gasket, otherwise something like hylomar on both sides of the old one.

For the switch, easiest way is to remove it, pop it in a pan of water on the stove and measure the resistance as it heats up. The resistance should change dramatically long before the water boils!:eek:

Yeah new one has a gasket with it.

Surely the water test would tell me if thermostat opens, how would i test the switch for the fan ?

"woop
test youre switch using a multimeter
hope this helps"

New fan still aint arrived today so will change stat tonite and fan once it arrives.

How long should it take to change the stat ? im not a complete idiot :rolleyes: and and kinda getting used to fixing her cinq now lol :D

Also any idea what size hose's the radiator uses as one has a smal split in it and was thinking of changing them over to silcone ones ? im at work and wondered what sizes i needed and how much etc so i can order them. Split is hoes on top of radiator. would change the lot eventually just want to get car running normally again so she can use it :)

Car is now fine and and fan kicks in at 90 which is normal.

Changed thermostat and bled system and all great now thanks guys for all your help.

Will start another thread up as i still have a few minor things that i would like an opimion on.

fiat cinquecento overheating some help!!!

the main problem is getting overheating when the car is stop running in traffic when is running the heating is gone down like normal.
it was a little leaking so i change the old expansion water tank,check all the pipes change new radiator and heater matrix, is not leaking anymore and fan is working at 95 degres for around 10 seconds and then stop and work again after a minute so fan looks like its working but i dont really now how long have to run, if someone knows just let me know ,so i being reading the forum and the only thing it could be now is the water pump so i will change it asap but if someone really know why is overheating in traffic and what i should do just please reply, i love my cinquecento and i want the better life for him 899cc many thanks.

Pump problems usually mean that the car overheats when at a standstill, but the heater gets cold at the same time.

Short out the fan at the rad switch with a paperclip and check that the paperclip doesn't get hot, suggesting fan is running too slowly.

Cheers

SPD

Ok guys , now i know what is wrong in my case and my overheating after be with my friend and change the thermostat and fan swicht, we found the problem was still there so , why i didnt think about from the beginning the problem comes in my case from the speedo gauges dials pod clocks, well fiat and the dashboard havent be good friends always so we did the test with the laser test temp and our surprise was that the fan start when arrive to 92 degress and cut down to 87, but in the clock looks likde the temp was close to the red line so almost 130degres we leave the car like 1 hour on and the car never goes more than 92 degres but the clock was always almost 130 so i hope that thing help to someone, no you only need to have a laser test to check yours , now i'll see if i found another dial clock to replace it and see what happens, the thing is that is not working but it could happens to something else like for example the light of the oil so better change it for a new one , i'm so happy with my cinquecento after 16 years, is being the only problem i have (y) so ,enjoy yours guys.

my fiat cinquecento is over heating on stand still just started today it had a new thermastat not long ago and the fan kicked in once today at kfc while i had the topper bottle open ive topped it up 2twice today and it keeps chuckin it out not impressed it doesnt over heat on the run but but goes close to red on stand still its had a new radiator senser abit ago so thts not it and hed gaskets been done about 6 month ago only thing i can thing of is an air bubble :mad:

my fiat cinquecento is over heating on stand still just started today it had a new thermastat not long ago and the fan kicked in once today at kfc while i had the topper bottle open ive topped it up 2twice today and it keeps chuckin it out not impressed it doesnt over heat on the run but but goes close to red on stand still its had a new radiator senser abit ago so thts not it and hed gaskets been done about 6 month ago only thing i can thing of is an air bubble :mad:

Could be the water pump...

Noel

Back