Technical Cinquecento overfueling too much and missfiring

Currently reading:
Technical Cinquecento overfueling too much and missfiring

Update:
Another mechanic (witch happens to have 2 cinquecentos) told me it is the fuel pump that is broken. What do you guys think? I'm takin my car tomorrow there to see if it really is.

I think they are wrong.

Put your multimeter on the temperature sender in the manifold. My guess is that its reading the wrong temp, therefore sending the wrong amount of fuel.

Cheers

D

Ok, but my question is, would it get to the point that it would send 2x times more than the usual fuel it sends? Cuz it really overfuel, I had an 1.4 that would do better consumes over my fiat. Would the temperature sensor do that? In my current State, I have no multimeter, and the car is on mechanic. Everytime after the engine starts, smells petrol, I open my window and is always that smell.

You said you bought the car with this fault and it had a non standard air filter.

Maybe the previous owner after fitting the air filter, then adjusted the fuel pressure regulator to increase flow?

You said you bought the car with this fault and it had a non standard air filter.

Maybe the previous owner after fitting the air filter, then adjusted the fuel pressure regulator to increase flow?

That was my last thought about this.

Update, it was a lead. My mechanic used old leads.. 3 of the same "champion" brand and 1 from nkg with happened to not even fit my car. But I still have the problem of consume. Fuel pump was changed, so, that's not from that. Any ideas? I'll look into the temp sensor later.

Another update:
Was driving to my home, highway, normally. Suddenly starts misfiring.. Hello, leads with petrol. It won't start now. It sends so much fuel, that isolates leads. Damm, I'm so tired. Tried so many things and nothing.

Question solved: it was an o-ring. The one from the injector. Yhup, replaced it, and nothing so far.

Hi Any chance your injector itself is faulty, considering your issue with the o-ring.

Just a thought. Not too familiar with these models, but does it have an EVAP system?

John.

Hi Any chance your injector itself is faulty, considering your issue with the o-ring.

Just a thought. Not too familiar with these models, but does it have an EVAP system?

John.
What is an EVAP system? o_O

What is an EVAP system? o_O

Hi,

Here's a link to the information regarding EVAP system, and what it does.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/evap_system.htm

I'm not too sure if your vehicle has this system or not.

I drive a 1.2 Panda 2007 which has this system.

On the Panda, the location is behind the rear drivers side wheel.

Its attatched to the bulk head, a black covered box, which when removed

you'll see black and blue pipes connecting to cannisters, and going in various

directions.

John.

Hi,

Here's a link to the information regarding EVAP system, and what it does.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/evap_system.htm

I'm not too sure if your vehicle has this system or not.

I drive a 1.2 Panda 2007 which has this system.

On the Panda, the location is behind the rear drivers side wheel.

Its attatched to the bulk head, a black covered box, which when removed

you'll see black and blue pipes connecting to cannisters, and going in various

directions.

John.
Hi John, thank you for your reply, actually very informative. But my car is from 96 mate. I don't it have that. I think that exists for emissions and my car is OBD fiat, early ECU with simple coding.

Had something like this with an spi classic mini today would run and missfire and would be running stupidly rich to the point you could smell the fuel coming out the back

After some close inspection I found the vacume pipe split to the map sensor causing all the problems so check the vacume pipe leading to the map sensor and worst case replace the map sensor
That's exactly what I found with my '00 SPI Seicento. split pipe to manifold vacuum sensor.
Just in case someone else has the issue.

Back