General Cinque Sporting bottom timing pulley cover

Currently reading:
General Cinque Sporting bottom timing pulley cover

there should be 2 parts of the cover, and upper and lower.:

Picture%2034-850x850_0.jpg

it doesnt actually cover the timing belt lower pulley, but with the cover in place and the alternator pulley installed, it is pretty well protected as the bottom of the block has a cast section that protrudes to take up the gap at the very bottom of the pulley

thanks for that....its just been pointed out to me that what I`m looking at is the lower alternator pulley! Doh! what an idiot......but I still think it should have a cover rather than being exposed directly to general road crud and rain.

thanks for that....its just been pointed out to me that what I`m looking at is the lower alternator pulley! Doh! what an idiot......but I still think it should have a cover rather than being exposed directly to general road crud and rain.

Do you have the plastic flap that hangs off the front bumper and wheel-arch liner? That does a fairly good job of keeping the cam-belt area clean. I presume you have the wheel arch liner in place too?

Ralf S.

I`ve got one or two jobs to do underneath the car, so whilst I`ve got it up on stands I`ll check for those items. Definitely got the plastic inner wheel arch liner. But don`t remember seeing a "flap" attached to the front bumper and arch liner. Guess I`ll have to scour Ebay or make contact with "jiminwatford". Don`t know whether you`ve heard of him but he`s extremely helpful and regularily breaks Cinquecentos.....can be found on ebay and probably on this forum.

Back