General Cinq Update

Currently reading:
General Cinq Update

Underneath that black cover are two fibreglassed boxes, each with two tubes coming out of the sides.. the air displacement occurs underneath the actual black cover of the subs and escaoes into the big empty space and where the spare tyre used to be...

The amount of air being pushed around the top of the cover / 6x9 area is therefore minimalised. Thus causing no damage to the 6x9's :)

well.. i hope..

So you've essentially ported the boxes?

And reducing the amount of air moved by the sub faces essentially reduces output i.e. sound.

You can still damage the 6x9s.

:eek:
Kinda wish I hadn't opened this thread...

...kudos on the boot install - very very very nice (y)

...however (*sigh*) - 6x9's in a car as small as a cinq will always be wrong in my book - let alone having four of them!

Personally I would have opted for 5x7's if they're going in the shelf, or 10cm componants installed into the rear passenger arm rests (like this ;) )

speakers.JPG

My current system (scheduled for a revamp soon) - kicks out 60 watts per speaker for the four in the car, and a further 150 from the sub - more than enough to clean the wax out of the ears, and drown out the exhaust when I'm bombing down the motorway!
(HU drives the two standard sei speakers up front - which are actually not that bad, plus the two 110watt Kenwoods in the rear. Sub is a 400watt in a standard ported enclosure, running at full crossover on 3/4 power from a 150watt Sony explod amp. At full whack you cant really hear anything but the music - and it's still crystal clear.
System is currently balanced 40/60 in favour of the rear - bass cancelled to the cabin speakers- driven exclusively by the sub, and trebble at +30%).

Sorry to be anal about this, just don't think Cinq's and Seis warrant having so much Ice - doesn't make sense for such a small car, and kinda reduces the practicality of a daily driver.

But once again - loving that sub install, looks spot on and manages to keep at least some of the practicality of the boot (y)

So you've essentially ported the boxes?

And reducing the amount of air moved by the sub faces essentially reduces output i.e. sound.

You can still damage the 6x9s.

Yeah.. Your right..

But the air.. rather than being pushed up and into the 6x9 area, is now being thrown down into the car itself.. which actually sounds amazing belive it or not!! Gives so much more of a kick up your ass when a loud bass note is played..

and as for the 6x9's... i would have stuck with two.. it was my original plan to have just two subs and stick with the two 6x9's on the shelf..

But the sher amount of watts being pumped into the subs drowned out the two splX 6x9's even whilst they are being boosted by a 300w 2 channel amp (hidden under sub construction)...

For that reason alone.. i had to go with four..

Makes a WHOLE sound.. and when i play it loud driving along.. you dont just hear a load of pointless bass.. you hear a VERY well balanced piece of music.. even on full blast from a large distance away..

Having an innate perfect pitch and grade 8 on piano and guitar tends to help when soritng out Low, Med and high level outputs in car systems :)

But the air.. rather than being pushed up and into the 6x9 area, is now being thrown down into the car itself.. which actually sounds amazing belive it or not!! Gives so much more of a kick up your ass when a loud bass note is played..

So do you know what you've tuned the boxes to? All you've done is fire the 'ports' into the car floor, which could lead to port chuffing or stifling the ports depending on how the ports are 'positioned'.

Back