General Cinq Update

Currently reading:
General Cinq Update

Well..

I think im done...

Bought a gorgeous Cinq from a Moderator on here called Luke a few months back.. with a few problems cosmetically.. (exellent engine though, still purring today)

And well.. Im done!!! Heres my pictoral story about my day installing a center console and a sound system.. :)

Start the day with this..

and then...

Get this..

This....

Remove this..

Wire it all in like this..

Lots of jigsawing later and a tad of fabric gives you ..

and then sleep!!

I put some tinted lights on it aswell.. Still undecided as to wether to keep them on or not..

Attachments

• Image022.jpg
    Image022.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 20
ahh.. some more pics...

Attachments

• Image023.jpg
    Image023.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Image026.jpg
    Image026.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Image024.jpg
    Image024.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Image025.jpg
    Image025.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Image000.jpg
    Image000.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 20
Oh dear from me sadly

4 x 6x9's + sub and amp = lashing from the ICE experts

Keep the lights

keep the lights, and ditch all of the 6x9's...

leave the subs, but fit something more suitable in the front.

it wouldnt surpise me if them subs destroy the 6x9s.

think of the amount of air that those sub will move. the 6x9's will rely on the air in the boot space to help make noise. every listened to 6x9s with the back seats pulled flat, they sound rubbish.

the subs will move a lot of air around in there, and it'll try and escape somewhere.. like through the 6x9's

edit: i do like the way you've mounted the subs though, it looks top (y)

think of the amount of air that those sub will move. the 6x9's will rely on the air in the boot space to help make noise. every listened to 6x9s with the back seats pulled flat, they sound rubbish.

the subs will move a lot of air around in there, and it'll try and escape somewhere.. like through the 6x9's

edit: i do like the way you've mounted the subs though, it looks top (y)

RIght! Sorry, i thought u were talking about power wise... No

Underneath that black cover are two fibreglassed boxes, each with two tubes coming out of the sides.. the air displacement occurs underneath the actual black cover of the subs and escaoes into the big empty space and where the spare tyre used to be...

The amount of air being pushed around the top of the cover / 6x9 area is therefore minimalised. Thus causing no damage to the 6x9's :)

well.. i hope..

I presume the wiring for the 6x9s will be tidied up.

Cheers

D

Yeah.. I stupidly mounted the 6x9's the wrong way around well.. three of them anyway.. So the connectors stick facing out rather than in.

It would be a nice easy job to do.. but i had to reinforce the shelf with mdf and sheet stainless steel to give it enough stability for all four of them.. and unscrewing three lots of 4 screws that have to be perfectly alligned for the damn shelf to still fit perfectly is excessivly annoying...

I dont drive around with the boot up though.. so for now.. no! They stay as they are...

And i cant remember driving past u serin!!! Was i in my work clothes..? If so.. i was prob half asleep..

And yeah, brooky.. it is SUPER heavy..

But i have opted for drving nice and slowly recently.. for two reasons...

1. another 3 points and good bye license.. and
2. When i mostly drive the car im on my way to work.. And wheres the hurry in that!!!!

The 1.2 still chugs out enough to make it as fast as a 1.1... Just makes cornering alot more interesting..

Back