General cinq/sei owners

Currently reading:
General cinq/sei owners

after reading kritips thread
https://www.fiatforum.com/cinq-sei-...-cable-change-dashboard-removal.html?p=863117
on mpi sei cable changes it got me thinking(a rare occurence)
since there are no haynes for the sei then can sei owners consider creating guides in the guides section of the forum on sei jobs.
anything really,even basic jobs such as removing the heater panel etc.
basically all those little jobs not covered by the cinq manuals.

oh and cinq owners dont be shy,even if stuff is covered in haynes its good to have an online resource to check.
i was going to do a load on the cinq with fitting my load of new parts to the turbo but thats not going to happen now :(

for all the cinq/sei owners we have theres plenty to cover

Last edited:
Re: sei owners

best way for people is the next time you do a job is to take pics.
or even in the case of the door trim just picture where the screw points are
if you go into the guides section(link at the top of the page)you can follow the how to on how to make a guide.
upload pics onto the guide etc

The best way to do it would be to have a wiki/swiki: that way you'd have a continually edited how to/manual. X might write the text (but has no camera), Y might take some pictures, A might add to the text, Q might come up with a simpler way of doing it, B might add a technical drawing, C might tell us how his go faster bitz worked with all this.

Sounds like anarchy, but in practice it works very well most of the time. My favourite is the swiki (part of an open source package called Squeak) but there are a lot of php add on ones out there which might integrate better into this site.

Sounds like a good plan. Wiki will be an excellent idea in the futre, guess Ben would need to be talked to for that though, rather than bothering creating one detatched from the site.

I should be able to do two guides over the week, and as i do more tasks I'll write them up. Quite often i find im swearing and shouting, so forget to take the pics though, and without them I think any guide is of pretty much no use.

KRistian

Well, I did a temp gauge guide the other night :) and just had a thought..

Why don't we move the single wiper guide to the guides as well, rather than sticky....don't think many people ask or do it? and its better suited there? Also its closed as well :confused:

how about a sticky....to the guide...and one to the FAQ technical thread?

All this came about as I was looking at a single wiper conversion.
I may try it myself, but not sure on pros/cons, and ease of fitment.

Cheers,

Kristian

Last edited:
I did the temp gauge one (y) but there is a more elegant solution floating on the forums which i'd choose if i did it again.

I can do and induction kit fitting guide soon :p Should be nice and easy lol

I have nothing else in the pipeline. Should have really done the brake hose etc. upgrade, but didn't think till afterwards.

Kristian

anything,simple jobs like changing bulbs,spark plugs,trim removal.
remember we have various levels of members so whats a simple job to you may be a 5 spanner type job to others ;)
unfortunatly i planned to do loads with all the parts i had bought for the turbo cinq.
obviously i hadnt forseen what was coming there :eek:

if you look in the guides section there is a guide on how to make a guide.
remember to upload photos into the guide section and dont link to anywhere else.

its easy enough to do and i can help anyone that needs it.
as i said we want a huge reference of guides :D
basic jobs,complex jobs its all good.
let the cinq/sei people show the lesser sections how its done ;)

I'll do a cinq rear light change one, when someone sends me some bits I need ;).

Gearbag mount, does that need doing, as I need to change mine so might as well make a guide in the process.

Back