Cinq Bass?

Currently reading:
Cinq Bass?

Cooter

Hi all, I got fitted today the Sony cdxs2000 today along with some Sony xs-f692n 200w 6x9. Possibly not my best choice for £150 fitted but there you go! It was the colors that swung me, they match the car! The 6x9 are fine for the mo but they do tend to distort any further than 2/3 volume. And so after looking at that MCS site I am thinking of ordering the Sony bass pack on this page, item 39. Two questions tho, would the amp with this package be able to power my 6x9's as well? And would the box and amp fit in the boot? cheers folks :)

Or are there better subs/amps/active subs for the same cash or less.

excuse the double post on different forums but thought i'd get more responses in here.

Last edited:
Hey,

That amp is unlikely to be able to power the 6x9's too. To be honest, in a cinq you dont need 6x9's - when i took mine out there was no difference what so ever.

Im running a JBL GT10 and a GTO2000 amp - that is plenty of bass for me. Have you been in a small car running 2 subs?? One of my friends had a metro running 2 12" subs and that would make the ground around the car shake. I think you would be better off spending the same money on better quality stuff than Sony - they arent that great for ICE, but just go for 1 sub.

HTH.

matt

Yep I see what you mean in regards to the 6x9, but sadly I've got em now tho! And yes I've been in cars with more than 2 subs before and you're right it does feel like theres an earthquake going on. Maybe, as the cinqs so small, I'll be better off just getting single 10 or 12" active sub, I'll have some boot space left then as well!

Also, I've heard mixed reports on those JBL's, but I aint an expert by any means. I just want some dam base! so maybe I'll go for what you have. In fact what other speakers have you got in your car?

Last edited:
cheers littleyellowcar and vc_1985 and christ I bet that car rumbles,nice setup! Anyway, I've come to the conclusion I'm gonna need some boot space at some point, so I'm after either one 12" or a couple of 10". Also, being non techy minded I wouldnt mind buying it all in a package, sub already in box + amp etc. Sony would be good to match the rest but as its all going in the boot anyway I dont care that much, and yes vc_1985, pioneer subs are outstanding quality so if there are any package deals out there that you know of let me know, got about £200ish to spend. I'm assuming that green box with amp included that Halfords are doing at the mo is crap, the one for £199. Dont really like Halfords but its only round the corner.

cheers :)

Last edited:
if its the fusion one then i would say it was far from crap, chances are they'll be able to let you hear it before you buy it too,

i've got a very budget setup in my cinq, compromising of 2 amps and sub (and 6x9's)

but it does what i want it to do (y)

(Both same install, but in my different cars :p)

Attachments

• P1010357b.jpg
    P1010357b.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 14
  • my boot heheb.JPG
    my boot heheb.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
cheers ghost.
right here we go, I think I am getting somewhere now! I am thinking about the Vibe Active 12", if it will fit in the boot, anyone? If not then the Vibe Avtive 10", and either the Sony F6933 or F6943 6X9's (for looks rather than quality!), these being 360w and 380w, obviously I'll need an amp to run these better than the head unit will. Would a cheap Legacy amp be able to do these, if so which one? Any advice or recomendations much appreciated :) .

I'm assuming I can get the Vibe subs cheaper than the Halfords prices?

abd sorry for all the questions, I am eternally for such a great website with all you nice peeps! :)

Last edited:
ok, just to answer my own question but for the benefit of others that need to know but probably already do!, the Vibe Active 12" does indeed fit in a cinq boot, with a only a couple of mm to spare. In fact its such a good fit I doubt its going to move anywhere. One problem tho, I cant get to the controls because of the tight fit, never mind!

Back