Technical Cinq 1.1 Sporting with Punto 1.2 MPI

Currently reading:
Technical Cinq 1.1 Sporting with Punto 1.2 MPI

Good evening and thanks for answers.

Hf turbo, tested with the other map sensor (from P 75 Mpi), no difference.
Next thing is swapping the Ecu's...like you have.
Did you do any thing with wire "26"?

Funny thing...disconnected the lambda, no difference at start up. Did not check warm engine. Disconnected the temp sensor and the engine still runs the same way as before but the injector light is on. Connected the sensor, engine runs the same way. Connected a separate sensor, still the same. Heated the sensor and the engine dies after a while.

Is it a chip for this Ecu Mpi like the Spi (gazzaman2k maybe ) so I can avoid the extra coded key. I have a plan hiding the coded Punto key somewhere under the dash because I will keep the original key.

-Tore

At the moment i have not done anything with wire 26. Although i may be begining to experience the mysterious loss of charge in my battery that Woj told me about. But it was parked up for over 6 weeks and i have a slightly tempramental stereo.

I used the chip from the red key of the punto this was easy as the key just clips together. For Cinq i only have one blue. I then cut the blue key along the edge of the key and pulled the key out from inside the blue rubber.

On the part of the key which came out of the blue part is a black plastic square ish piece on one of the side is the chip. I cut mine slightly just enough to free itand push it out with a pin. swapped them over and put them back together job done.

Sev

Hello again,

nothing new to report....except it's not working with Punto Ecu...:bang:

Connected the Ecu from the Punto and connected the transponder from the Punto. The code lamp stays on even if it's the correct key for the Ecu I was told...

Compared the schematics from Punto and cinq and they look similar except for connection 26...

Is it a way to veryfi I have the correct key for the Punto Ecu? any serial numer?

Tore

What you need to check is whether the fuel pump springs to life for a couple of seconds when you turn the key. If it does not, then it is very likely an issue with the immobiser. Having a diagnostics cable and program helps a lot too in these situations. There is a guide around somewhere here, the cable is cheap, the software is free:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/iaw-scan2/

EDIT: Also, which exact ECU did you get? In particular, does it say "ECOL" somewhere on the label?

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer and link :)

The Punto MPI is IAW 8F.5T /070C-18
FIAT PUNTO 1.2 CM MPI IMB

The Sporting SPI is IAW 16F.ER
FIAT 500 1.1 ECE FASE 2

Can't find any thing like "ECOL"

I will have a look at ebay to find a cable. Or are there a prefered Fiat 3-pin / USB cable ?

I have also ordered another thing....gadget or maybe useful for my Lancia Thesis :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Android-T...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item5648239ca5

I did put the Sporting Ecu back and its running as before...no code light
I sounds like "rich idling", the engine runs ok for a few seconds then it starts with the rough idling, allmost stop, idle up to 1500 rews and down again....same over and over :confused:

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Lancia Thesis...yes :) daily driver.

Thesis has EOBD II and I thought maybe I could find an adapter from Fiat 3pin to the Bluetooth adapter. Use the Torque together with Android on my S3

No I didn't :). I saw this "black box" when I disconnected the wire after testing... Bought this car i boxes and bags with the Punto engine....and the Punto is not alive anymore
This was not included....

I need anothrer complete set with keys, code box and ecu...

How can I thrust the ebay sellers shipping a complete kit?

Last edited:
You can also decode the Punto ECU and run it without the code box. Decoding can be arranged ;)

yes mate you will need another set unless ou can get the code bypassed some how.

Good news :)

Just tell me how.

I know I buy a chip for the SPI but MPI......

No, there is no decoding chip for IAW 8F (there could be, but I don't think anybody did one), but the ECU itself can be decoded. For that you need to send it over to somebody with the know-how, I would be one such person.

Latest news...good news :D

Received an Ecu without koded keys/box, installed it and the 1242 is now running :)

Don't know what's the problem with the Sporting Ecu and spliced injectors, but it's not working and I do not think it will unless it' remapped.

It is idling at around 1200 but it will hopefully be lower after autotuningen...or what do you think?

When warm it should idle at 880 or so. If it is fully warmed up and idles at 1200 start looking for air leaks and/or sticking throttle. If this persists and you find it hopeless try replacing the ICV with the one from the SPI engine, if you still have it. Having a diagnostics connection helps here too, because there you can see how far rpms are from the target idle speed.

Back