Chewing gum

Currently reading:
Chewing gum

luvduvs

SNAP!
Damn I'm pi$$ed off..

My friend must have stepped on chewing gum and kindly transferred it to the car mat :mad:

A new set will cost me close to AUD$100 :(

It looks to be a day or so old.. anyone have any advise on cleaning it up?

Damn I'm pi$$ed off..

My friend must have stepped on chewing gum and kindly transferred it to the car mat :mad:

A new set will cost me close to AUD$100 :(

It looks to be a day or so old.. anyone have any advise on cleaning it up?

I know how you feel m8. 3 days after fitting my genuine Fiat ones one of my kids did the same. Still trying to get it off now 2 months later, tried every thing i can think of.

Freeze it with the coldest substance you can and it will break and crumble off. Ice cube is ok, liquid nitrogen is better but mind the carpet doesnt break as well! Use the "spot freezing" method.

Apply dry ice to the chewing gum. make sure you use gloves to prevent frostbite.

Thanks guys for the suggestions - I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Or do you reckon I should get a car wash cafe to get it out?

In work we got a freeze spray that freezes up plastic so you can smash it off the machinery, that would of worked a treat. If you have a chest freezer stick it in there for a few hours!

I don't have a spray, machinery or chest freezer.. :(

Let me ask the car wash cafe at where I park and see if they could fix it..

If you can get hold of plenty of ice try this: Get a large plastic bag and put your mat inside and fill the bag with ice, leave for about 15 minutes (making sure its on the gum) Tie the bag as tight as you can at the other end so the cold air doesnt escape, then after the 15 scrap excess off and repeat if neccesary, then maybe abit of elbow grease is in order!

I'm not sure where you can get this down under but it does work(y)

Attachments

• VS626CAERREJTCAI6O9HDCASS9B8ECAFG8ZNICAJ8OPQYCAVU4NZACANCZP76CA2JIU1UCAPOO7X6CA2VNTV9CAQCJ3A5CAB.jpg
    VS626CAERREJTCAI6O9HDCASS9B8ECAFG8ZNICAJ8OPQYCAVU4NZACANCZP76CA2JIU1UCAPOO7X6CA2VNTV9CAQCJ3A5CAB.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 86
The pressurised air cans you get for blowing the crap out of your computer keyboard work. If you turn it upside down, the liquid propellant/oxygen fires out at a very cold temperature and should get it off :)

I have used butane gas before, works pretty well to freeze it then, you can pull it off in one piece, but if it doesnt work you can always BURN IT BABY!

Just asked a car wash and they too recommended using ice - well at least they didn't try to rip me off by saying "Yeh we'll get it out for 50 bucks" then when I collect it its still there..

Oh well, hardware store here I come!

Watch me buy so much stuff it'll be cheaper just to get a new set of mats :rolleyes:

Back