Cheap stand alone immobiliser

Currently reading:
Cheap stand alone immobiliser

Can anybody recommend me a cheap stand alone immobiliser that would be simple to install myself, just for peace of mind as I'll have to lose CODE immobiliser with Mckritching the cinq.

EDIT: Or just a cheap alarm with a built in Immobiliser

Last edited:
make your own with a switch hidden away if oyu want cheap.can even use a relay so it disables a circuit and then turns on a flashing led at the same time.
can be even more bling by changing the fundtion of an OEM switch,say the hazzards to do the imob and wire the hazzards to a normal switch somewhere

custard said:
make your own with a switch hidden away if oyu want cheap.can even use a relay so it disables a circuit and then turns on a flashing led at the same time.
can be even more bling by changing the fundtion of an OEM switch,say the hazzards to do the imob and wire the hazzards to a normal switch somewhere

Hmmmm, I like that Idea, it's just figuring out how to implement the relay.

Today I tried to install a switch on my mk2 Punto. This is what I've tried: Removed the plastic under steering wheel, found a red wire that goes to key ignition and cut trough it, placed a switch betwen and put everything together AND nothing works. No metter how I flip the switch, there is no contact and car wont start. I suppose it's because I've used extension wire slightly thiner than the one that normaly goes to contact key, or my switch doesn't work. Any ideas
anyone? BTW, I managed to cut my finger while taking off isolation from wires :cry:

you should always tap into the wire that cuts off the ignition when you remove the key.,., this wire goes to ground when the ignition is in the off position so you can put a hidden switch on it making it always have a ground signal even when the ignition switch is turned on, meaning the car wont start at all, but then when you flick the switch it hasnt got a fround signal so itll start no prob.,.,.,

depends what you are trying to do?
check the wiring guide in the security sticky
NEVER EVER CUT WIRES ON COLOUR
car makers change looms throughout production runs so you cant be sure.
a multimeter is a must especially on wires that stop the car running

make an immobiliser using the ground connection from the ignition barrel, ive put a chip to race chip in my ecu and so it has disabled the immobliser :rolleyes: so want a bit of security.

from what ive read of the sticky, if i cut the blue + black and blue wire this is the earth for the ignition.

the other one i was looking at was the fuel immobiliser (green and black wire) which would people recommend?

Cheers

Last edited:
Back