General Cheap Service!

Currently reading:
General Cheap Service!

Shminkypinky

Got my 4 year (48,000) mile service due soon (although its done only 40,000 t present).
Anyway my normal FIAT dealer quoted £240 for service. So rang Arnold Clark who quoted £220 for the recommended FIAT service or £69 (£20 less than offer as I dont need MOT till July) When I asked the women on the other end of the phone the difference in the two services she said the only diffence is that on fIAT recommended service Spark plugs would be replace but on AC service they would only be replaced if neccessary at extra cost (can't be more than £20.00). Quite a diffence in price I thought. So being a tight ar#e booked it in for the cheap option!
Anyway thought I'd pass on the news. The deal is only available to cars 3 years or more old!
Heres the link to see what is done.
http://www.arnoldclark.co.uk/Service/fixedprice.aspx

any thoughts? anyone actually had one of these services?

if they bother to change the oil.... service stamps mean nothing... ive got all the service stamps on a 54 reg i just brought and you can clearly see the oil had never been changed... you can see they never got a tool on the sump plug or the oil filter housing. both a fooker to undo and paint still on the nut as new...

So this brings me to a Question:- as I havnt owned the stilo very long what kind of sump plug is it eg- Allen key/torx/or socket jobby and what size is it [that will save some time when it needs to be done]and is the oil filter easy to get to when the under cover is off (y)

I didn't say they were :confused: I've never used them except to buy a replacement manual and a badge.

(n) I personally wouldnt touch Arnold Clark with a bargepole. I bought a 54 plate multiwagon through them in November last year. If their servicing is anything like their aftersales service and warranty work then you would be better off going elsewhere.

HardBoiledEgg said:
I didn't say they were :confused: I've never used them except to buy a replacement manual and a badge.

Its ok, I used em for the odd part, wheel trims and mudguards. Mainly as they charged the old prices about 6 months after they changed.

My mates dad has had fiats serviced there before and they made a hash of it and not even going to go into how they 'fixed' my dads rover.

As for sales- they treated me like I couldnt buy a Stilo, so bought one from elsewhere.

For everyone else, no real dealing on the cars and the trade in proces they offer are hilarious!

No offence to the guys- i go elsewhere!

Now rovers gone tits they are still doing fiat but the rover bits gradually turning into something else, I think its mitsubishi. I dont care to look when I drive past

Back