Cheap ICE suggestions

Currently reading:
Cheap ICE suggestions

MrDT said:
To answer my own question:
http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=124287

look rather nice in my opinion, no? :cool:

Ah, I missed this :)
If there's room, then they are an option. However, unless aimed and set up correctly, you would suffer from the rainbow effect, which wouldn't be good. Also, depending on the TS parameters of the speakers you intend to fit, you would most probably need to vent the kickpods so that the speakers are more free air rather than fully sealed :)

chaos said:
Ah, I missed this :)
If there's room, then they are an option. However, unless aimed and set up correctly, you would suffer from the rainbow effect, which wouldn't be good. Also, depending on the TS parameters of the speakers you intend to fit, you would most probably need to vent the kickpods so that the speakers are more free air rather than fully sealed :)

Yeah, i was thinking the air capacity couldn't be too great, so venting would be needed to get the speakers working to full capacity.

I'm really not sure what to do again now :(

A mate of mine who's into this stuff in a pretty big way agrees with the composites in front, nothing in back, sub in boot methodology. If i had any hair, I'd be tearing it out by now!!

I've already bought a headunit, I'll see how it sounds with the horrible stock speakers, then work from there.

Part of me want a 'quickfix' for now, but another part of me thinks i might as well save the money, put up with crap for now, and get some composites later on.

I know a sub and 6x9s is a pretty dodgy setup, but i don't want to go hacking up my little car like a madman either. WHY don't SX's have door pods? :cry: Christ, my mums micra has decent sized doormounts :mad:

Maybe in a month or two i'll have made a dcision lol

edit: and believe it or not, i rather like the trim on my interior, and the fact that it's matching. sticking gt cards in isn't much of an option. the only real option for door pods is a fibreglass build i guess, which is probably out of my league for now!

Last edited:
Mr DT,

I was running a very similar set-up as you until a while ago. I had Sony HU, 6x9 Gto's in standard shelf, standard 3.5" in the dash and a FLI Active 12 from the same guy your looking at getting yours from.

I have no got a stealth shelf instead of the standard shelf with 8" Pioneers in it.

The system sounded fantastic for what it was, honestly you will not be disappoined unless you are an audiophile!!

The only thing I would say is that the standard shelf rattled a lot due to the sub, however i just put some padding under the edges and it was fine, I wanted the stealth shelf to stop the thieving pikie's looking at my speakers everyday, and also so it would stop the rattle from the sub!

Do It!!!! (y)

Back