Chavs need not apply...

Currently reading:
Chavs need not apply...

Re the patriotic thing.

I love patriotism (is that a word?) but i find from my experience that people are quite happy to complain about how **** England is, until the football comes along when it's all flags and national anthems (well the first verse anyway, no one knows the rest).

It just seems a bit like the reason you wave the flag and sing the songs is because thats what you do at an England football match, Not because your being patriotic.

also my housemate (who by the way is a greek guy studying sports management) has started a group about how it is ok to wear a football shirt wherever and i'm convinced i'm going to "beat" him with the amount of people who join.

So to get your competativeness (is that a word either?) going. lets try and beat the greeks!!
"GOD SAVE OUR GRACIOUS QUEEN ...."

I love patriotism (is that a word?) but i find from my experience that people are quite happy to complain about how **** England is, until the football comes along when it's all flags and national anthems (well the first verse anyway, no one knows the rest).
when people frequently complain about the shortcomings of the things they care about it shows that they do actually care.

Re the patriotic thing.

It just seems a bit like the reason you wave the flag and sing the songs is because thats what you do at an England football match, Not because your being patriotic.

also my housemate (who by the way is a greek guy studying sports management) has started a group about how it is ok to wear a football shirt wherever and i'm convinced i'm going to "beat" him with the amount of people who join.

So to get your competativeness (is that a word either?) going. lets try and beat the greeks!!
"GOD SAVE OUR GRACIOUS QUEEN ...."
Well, you have him beaten for distance, Ive joined :) Even Aus gets feckers wearing European soccer jerseys, and they probably have no idea of the club they are supporting, but they all seem to have either Ronaldo or Beckham on the back :confused:

Back