General Charity Panda Drive from Marbella to the Arctic!

Currently reading:
General Charity Panda Drive from Marbella to the Arctic!

rjdutch

Hello!

Five freinds and I are taking two SEAT Marbellas (Pandas without the luxuries (y)) from Marbella in Spain to the Arctic Circle in Norway for Charity (DebRA) this year. If you'd like to follow our adventures you can find out more here!
www. arcticmarbellas.webs.com
And if any of you are mad enough to join in let us know!

Hey Totnesmonster! Cheers for that, I'll take a look at the photo's? Where did you stay out of interest? Is it easy to find accommodation?

Our main problem is getting back, we're getting the ferry to france and driving to the Costa Del Sol, then up to Norway, but they've cancelled all ferries from Norway to the UK permanently. How annoying is that!?

The best charity drive I heard of so far in a Panda/Marbella was a guy and his son who drove a Marbella 'Special' from Hyde Park to Mongolia. Apparently the only trouble he had was broken suspension in khazakstan. He had to improvise with Lada parts :)!

We hope to do the main leg from Marbella to the Arctic Circle in 7 days, then drop down to Bergen. It's going to be a squeeze for six blokes!

Last edited:
Make sure you see some of the Fjordland, and do a couple of the high mountain passes, Trollstigen was a great one!

:yeahthat:

We drove from Bergen to the Lofoten Islands a couple of years ago. Beautiful country and scenery. Make sure you take in some of the more minor roads and don't just take the E6 the whole way. Trollstigen and Geirangerfjord would be recommended. I also loved the views around Loen.

And yes, it's a total bugger that the Newcastle to Bergen ferry doesn't run any more. It was a truly great way to get to Bergen. It felt a bit like a cruise in that you went up the coast from Kristiansand.

Last edited:
Yeah, we didn't know they'd cancelled the ferries back until after we started planning :mad:! Oh well, at least this way we get to take in The Netherlands and Belgium too!!(y)

It's a great idea. Esspecially coming from me who owns a Marbella, of which i have owned for maybe 2 months now. But have had experience as mother used a special in late 90s..

great car. It will make it there im sure.. I cannot join although i would wish unfortunately :(

BEST OF LUCK!!

But have had experience as mother used a special in late 90s..

Ah, a special! One of ours is a Special, and very special it is too! The other is a GLX, :worship: that means it came with a rear wash wiper AND a CARPET! Can you imagine such luxury?

Oh don't say that, i'm proud of my rear wash/wiper. It's the thing that really sets the GLX apart from the crowd (That and the unpleasant goldysilverish metallic paint!) :)

i was actually considering buying that silver one but it was too much for me :LOL:

So we were Marbella shopping at the same time? Which one did you go for in the end? There's not many out there..! There was a limited edition Marbella Jeans on Ebay last week Denim interiour. Nice..... (i'm often on there looking for spares to take with us!)

http://www.arcticmarbellas.webs.com

Last edited:
So we were Marbella shopping at the same time? Which one did you go for in the end? There's not many out there..! There was a limited edition Marbella Jeans on Ebay last week Denim interiour. Nice..... (i'm often on there looking for spares to take with us!)

http://www.arcticmarbellas.webs.com

i actually purchased a black gl from ebay at doncaster.. did you see that one?? i think i baught it mid may

Sorry guys... Just gotta show off

One is Malaga and the other is NordKapp deep in the Arctic circle. If your not sure which one is which... (lol:devil:)

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0643.JPG
    IMG_0643.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Dsc00757.jpg
    Dsc00757.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 25
i actually purchased a black gl from ebay at doncaster.. did you see that one?? i think i baught it mid may

I did yes, one of our number who live in Nottingham was interested in going to look at it! My first two Marbellas were black, it's a good look!:)

Sorry guys... Just gotta show off

One is Malaga and the other is NordKapp deep in the Arctic circle. If your not sure which one is which... (lol:devil:)

Jim

Hi Jim, I think I got it :)! Hopefully we should get these two photo's within 5 days of each other! (Though not Nordkapp!) It should be possible as we have three drivers in each of our two Marbellas. The whole drive should be 6700 miles from Southampton to Southampton via St Malo, Marbella, Alicante, Monte Carlo Biedenkopf, Kolding, Stockholm, The Arctic Cirlcle, Bergen, Kristiansand and Calais!

I did yes, one of our number who live in Nottingham was interested in going to look at it! My first two Marbellas were black, it's a good look!:)

Cool, well initially i walked away thinking its head gasket had blown. But it was cheaper to buy it then get train back. Found out it was probably just condensation because the tempeture sensor was bypassed making the fan on always.. :)

Its going good, a service, replace of some parts like the sensor and re-wiring and its like it has 50% more power back. Very nice!

Hello all!

Two weeks to go and things are hotting up for our trip! We're getting plenty of publicity now! We're leaving from the Platform Tavern in Southampton at 7pm! We'll be there at 5. If any of you are in the area it'd be good to see you at our big send off :)

We've got a blog on our website http://www.arcticmarbellas.webs.com if you'd like to follow our progress (Or otherwise?!) through Europe in the little Spanish Pandas!

Cheers(y)

You will manage, we cross fingers(y)
There was a Marbella in our last trip to Romania, at it made almost 5kkms (almost) without problems. The only problem with her was fuel vaporization in high temperatures, above 30 deg. C. Sometimes she started only after putting a small dose of fuel straight to the carb. But I doubt you will have such problems in the Arctic (but in Spain, who knows...;))

Sutjeska

Back