Technical Changing a rear light bulb?

Currently reading:
Technical Changing a rear light bulb?

PiersCM

Had a quick search and looked at the manual, but no luck.

To change the reversing light bulb, for example, how do you access the bulbs.

There is nothing I can see in the boot, so do you unscrew the rear light cover on the outside, i.e., the outer coloured plastic?

Any guidance would be great.

Hi,

Yes you do have to unscrew the whole light assembly and gently ease (pull back) it away from the locating pins.
From memory the lamp holders are fastened (half turn twist) into the rear of the light assembly.
Hope this helps.
Stephen

Thank you.
For info., it needs a 10mm socket.
Unscrewing is then easy.
But can I get the light cover off? No. Not yet. Just feels light I will break it if I pull too hard...

Hi Again
After removing the bolts try using a small flat blade screwdriver with some rag wrapped over the end and put it in the small gap between the light and body on the side of the car and very gently lever the light rearwards of the pins. Be ready to catch the light as once of the pins its airborne. Hopefully the rag will save the paintwork. Hope you can understand what I'm on about.
Stephen.

It will go eventually when you pull it back but I fell a good few metres once it came out, it was pretty tricky. Only had to do it once in 5 years. Levering it from the front of it would probably be a good idea.

Back