Technical Change oil warning message and flashing oil can symbol after setting off. Just been serviced

Currently reading:
Technical Change oil warning message and flashing oil can symbol after setting off. Just been serviced

trekkingnut

I had car in garage for work on the brakes and when I started the car there was a message about environmental pollution control but it started and no warning lights but after driving up the road there was a change oil warning plus flashing red oil can symbol. Just had an oil change but upon getting home I noticed engine was smokey out the exhaust and a lot of heat at the back end so assuming it was doing a regen - which had to interrupt as was home. Surely it cant have knackered the new oil within 100 or so miles of it being replaced (5w 40 platinum plus)? - is there a way to reset it or is it another garage visit to do it

Did they reset the oil degradation counter? As in once the oil change had been done the light about the oil went out and service light?

I had car in garage for work on the brakes and when I started the car there was a message about environmental pollution control but it started and no warning lights but after driving up the road there was a change oil warning plus flashing red oil can symbol. Just had an oil change but upon getting home I noticed engine was smokey out the exhaust and a lot of heat at the back end so assuming it was doing a regen - which had to interrupt as was home. Surely it cant have knackered the new oil within 100 or so miles of it being replaced (5w 40 platinum plus)? - is there a way to reset it or is it another garage visit to do it

Did they sort it..??

Hi, Just saw email notification. I sorted the oil change counter manually by doing the brake and throttle pedal press and pump trick and it worked. They could not find the counter using snap on diagnostic but reset DPF counter (rightly or wrongly) and no regens since but drives ok without warning lights.

Back