Technical Change gaskets intake manifold

Currently reading:
Technical Change gaskets intake manifold

crankshaft

Hey
So, replaced the intake manifold, and new gasket must go in.

Need opinion to know how clean does the engine block should be?

Pics attached

Attachments

• IMG_20191104_235849.jpg
    IMG_20191104_235849.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20191104_235853.jpg
    IMG_20191104_235853.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 40
So, not clean enough?

the surface where the gaskets contact the engine is pretty clean.

Ok, I have cleaned it further. It's already fully assembled and it's idling fine.
Getting that damn gurgling noise in the heater matrix hoses. Air gets trapped in there easily.

Getting that damn gurgling noise in the heater matrix hoses. Air gets trapped in there easily.

I did some tests on my car using a clear radiator hose. It was very clear that air in the water will always be very strongly driven to the radiator filling cap.

If you fill up with water and the gurgling persists for weeks then you must have a leak. Leaks are made visible by dry deposits on the joins which are the same colour as your antifreeze.

The situation on the Punto is made worse because the top vent near the heater hoses is higher than the maximum water level mark. A leak there will force air into the system each time the car cools down.

Because of the unusual Punto design there are techniques for removing the air when filling but if you have a leak you are wasting your time.

I filled up the system yesterday. I will keep an eye on the situation for the coming weeks.

It does seem kinda hard for the heater matrix to be filled with water, when the hoses are above the maximum level.
I fitted a new heater matrix, so it had no water, I am not sure if it got completely filled, but it does heat up nicely.

Back