Technical Change engine oil message

Currently reading:
Technical Change engine oil message

Hello,
after leaving the car idling for 30mins on tuesday to defrost up popped a message alert to say “change engine oil”. I expected it was a bit of condensation around the filler cap which I cleaned up, but the message is still there. Is it a time/mileage based alert or does it go off the condition of the oil?
It was serviced at the dealer in august 2000miles ago. So I wouldn’t expect the oil to be too dirty yet.

questions!
1. if the oil is changed will the message automatically go away?
2. if not, can you get rid of the message?

thanks,

Hello,
after leaving the car idling for 30mins on tuesday to defrost up popped a message alert to say “change engine oil”. I expected it was a bit of condensation around the filler cap which I cleaned up, but the message is still there. Is it a time/mileage based alert or does it go off the condition of the oil?
It was serviced at the dealer in august 2000miles ago. So I wouldn’t expect the oil to be too dirty yet.

questions!
1. if the oil is changed will the message automatically go away?
2. if not, can you get rid of the message?

thanks,
Is it a diesel?

No, sorry should have said ( 1 litre firefly turbo petrol). All new tipos are petrol or hybrid.

I would guess it should have been reset at the last service? Probably done more miles than time limit for service intervals?

It might be a new thing on the latest models.There used to be a change oil warning on some old diesels

Yes, it’s my first modern fiat coming from Citroen and Mercedes. I’ve no idea how they have done things before.

My Tipo is the 4th new Fiat I’ve had and have to say the Italian electrics have a mind of their own😀.. quirky I think it’s called?

Back