Technical Central locking packed in

Currently reading:
Technical Central locking packed in

Hi all,

Central locking packed in long ago and its only now, with it sitting there shouting 'give me a clutch' that I decided to sort these things out.

I've checked fuses once, will check again (which one am I looking at?) both locks and the boot have stopped working, they still work by hand/key though.

Suggestions please?

central locking was always a little funny. I dunno what sam did with the alarm etc but could be a dodgy connectiong with the alarm and the control boxes etc.

check the mini fuse block up right behind the dash (will have to remvove the clutch cable plate to see them) in the passenger footwell! one of these went with me and the central locking died. poss its gone again? did you look at these ones? trust me, you wouldnt knw they were there unless you needed to looks :p very well hidden

Last edited:
Bushboy said:
central locking was always a little funny. I dunno what sam did with the alarm etc but could be a dodgy connectiong with the alarm and the control boxes etc.

check the mini fuse block up right behind the dash (will have to remvove the clutch cable plate to see them) in the passenger footwell! one of these went with me and the central locking died. poss its gone again? did you look at these ones? trust me, you wouldnt knw they were there unless you needed to looks :p very well hidden

Another fusebox eh? Well I'll have a look, not just the alarm though as they dont all lock at once with key either. Although stranger things have happened.

If it was a computer I'd probably wait till the clutch was repaired to see if it was that! But then they are always the weirdest option

yeh, and it hurts to look at them aswel sometimes, will need to push the passenger seat right back, stick your head in the passenger footwell and look up towards the front of the car but towards the passenger door, there are two fuses there, one of which controls the electric windows aswel if im not mistaken?

Randomman said:
Hi all,

Central locking packed in long ago and its only now, with it sitting there shouting 'give me a clutch' that I decided to sort these things out.

Both my Cinqqs had dodgy central locking, 1 refused to work, the other locked itself at will. Both had the same fault, corrosion on the central locking actuator in the driver's door. Take off the trim panel, and remove the white plastic central, locking actuator. Then prise out the end where the wires are. Be careful the motor has two tiny ball bearings in the ends of the worm. Clean the little PCB type board with a bit of Duck oil and scotch brite. re-assemble. Worked a treat on mime YMMV.

Regards

Pete

Back