Tuning CDA - Pics and guide

Currently reading:
Tuning CDA - Pics and guide

Mad Matt

Someone asked me to put what I had on the CDA online. So, to start with here are the pictures I got from BMC when I asked for more information:

They also said that they had the work done by an external tuning company.

My observations are:
1. I can't see where they've put the mass air sensor.
2. Looks like a Barchetta like mine without ABS.
3. Also looks like they're using the smaller CDA for up to 1800 (or is it 1600).

I'll post more details on how I did mine at a later date.

Attachments

• Barchetta 1.jpg
    Barchetta 1.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Barchetta 3.jpg
    Barchetta 3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 38
  • bmcpaolo1.jpg
    bmcpaolo1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 38
  • bmcpaolo2.jpg
    bmcpaolo2.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 30
I think the AFM is in the throttle housing with this car.........

I am having a challenge re-sighting my AFM, I have a temp setup at the moment while I try to source a new throttle hose for a Green filter, the main problem being there is no easy place to mount it due to space.

That B is a 99 or newer model so it did not have an inline AFM. Yes its the 1800CC or smaller CDA unit. No way can you get the 1800cc + CDA in the B without taking out that battery.

I have seen B's with the inline AFM just after the CDA box.

Mine is the larger CDA, and it can be fitted with the battery, but it's not easy!!! You have to put the CDA diagonally under the battery tray.

I'll try and get some pictures when I do the suspension.

Thanks for explaining about the AFM, I couldn't work out how they'd done it, mine is in a metal cylinder about 4 or 5 inches long. Makes the whole job harder. Do you know where the AFM is on the later models? Just wondering if I could change.......

Mine is the larger CDA, and it can be fitted with the battery, but it's not easy!!! You have to put the CDA diagonally under the battery tray.

I'll try and get some pictures when I do the suspension.

Thanks for explaining about the AFM, I couldn't work out how they'd done it, mine is in a metal cylinder about 4 or 5 inches long. Makes the whole job harder. Do you know where the AFM is on the later models? Just wondering if I could change.......

Doc OP and I looked at replacing the in-line AFM on mine - looks like it can be done but you need to replace the throttle housing and the intake manifold looks different..........

Not looked into it too seriously but does not look like a simple job, if you decide to do it let everyone know how you get on ;)

Back