cd wont eject

Currently reading:
cd wont eject

neil62

I Have a Fiat 500 with the white cd player , just lately the cd keeps getting stuck , I can hear the ejector motor working but the cd keeps getting jammed ..I have to keep releasing them using double sided sticky tape stuck on a piece of card..

I Have a Fiat 500 with the white cd player , just lately the cd keeps getting stuck , I can hear the ejector motor working but the cd keeps getting jammed ..I have to keep releasing them using double sided sticky tape stuck on a piece of card..

Do you think it has debris inside the unit.

Maybe slide it out.. then try to operate with slot pointing downwards..

Might eject some fluff.. or foreign body.

It sounds like the dash has been sprayed with some sealant or polish and its contaminated the ejector rollers. May be you can clean these with methylated spirits and some thin cotton material wrapped over a thing piece of plastic gently worked into the slot. Could be a discarded cd or a piece of a plastic box sliced up. If you try this raido off and key out! Several attempts would be needed after cd use to get the full circumference if the eject rollers cleaned.... I have only ever had issues with home recorded cd with no label. I used a cd with aplain paper home applied cd label roughed up with 800 grade wet and dry and repeat this occasionally. I dont know if it helps but hasnt seemed to do any harm

Back