CCTV solution

Currently reading:
CCTV solution

I would like a similar monitoringsystem, but my car is parked in a basement, I can maybe steal el-power supply from the lamps to feed the cam, or else run cams by battery.
The next issue is how to ensure connection from the cam to the monitor (hdd) without using cables? (the parking is underground below house, wireless will not work). (unless there is a very strong Wifi available?, unknown for me)

I would like a system monitoring and alerts when objects closing up to the car, alerting me at same time as cams starts to roll.
(e.g; tune the cams to start roll if a object is standing closer than 0.5 meter from the car for more than 10 seconds, filter out small objects like cats and dogs if outdoors).
Together with some auto-alarms and gps-trackers it may work ok as prevention against stealing older cars.

If I can get a system like that.. ;)

Why not drop the footage onto dvd and post a copy to every neighbour (inc, the culprit) with a covering letter saying you've had thefts, ask them all to be ultra vigilant and ask if anybody knows who the person on the video is :D

Tell me about it.

T-eye in car recorder don't lower my insurance either. In america they're a big thing though!

I sent emails off to the insurance fraud investigation people after the crash for cash scandal.
I pointed out the obvious advantages of car cams & asked them to consider offering benefits for users in this country.
I also sent a copy to quite a few MPs and chiefs of police.
I pointed out the obvious benefits as well as the fact that by recording their own speed, drivers would tend to drive within the limits etc etc.

That was months ago & still waiting to hear back from anybody.

Not one official bod is interested.

Not one official bod is interested.

Yep, tell me about it.

But when I nudged someone at 4mph and he tried claiming about £8k whiplash and I mentioned this GPS calaberated footage to my insurance company they were jumping at getting a copy.

I shall remind them of this when renewal comes up. Doubt it will be any different though (n)

Yep, tell me about it.

But when I nudged someone at 4mph and he tried claiming about £8k whiplash and I mentioned this GPS calaberated footage to my insurance company they were jumping at getting a copy.

I shall remind them of this when renewal comes up. Doubt it will be any different though (n)

Perhaps you should have used the footage as leverage.
Ask them how much they will have to pay to the claimant if the company doesn't get the footage then point out that a year's fee insurance is a drop in the comparative ocean.

I had footage of a taxi parked for ages on the zigzags outside a school on a main road, sent it to the council - there are now two very large yellow signs warning people not to park on the zigzags.

Perhaps you should have used the footage as leverage.
Ask them how much they will have to pay to the claimant if the company doesn't get the footage then point out that a year's fee insurance is a drop in the comparative ocean.

I did try that, and was told, and £8k increase on the claim will increase your renewal by a substancial amount (you know where you have to say how much a claim total was when listing an accident).

So I sort of said, fair enough :p :eek:

Back