Technical Carburetor Issues

Currently reading:
Technical Carburetor Issues

cyberborikua

Hi. I recently bought a 1979 Fiat Spider 2000 and she is already giving me carburetor problems. Just today I looked at the base of the carburetor and I discovered I still have the infamous 28/32 ADHA carb. :( I have read that this carb was the worst Weber produced and is notorious for idling problems. In fact, two weeks ago I went for a joy ride and she stalled at a traffic light. I panicked for I was in the middle of a traffic jam. She started right up but it would stall again at every light or stop. Idling was impossible. I made it home and sprayed some carburetor cleaner; all of a sudden the issue disappeared. So a dirty carburetor I thought, until a few days later when she wasn't holding an idle and almost stall unless I kept revving the engine to keep it running. I again sprayed carb cleaner over hoses and gaskets, and discovered a couple of vacuum leaks. But I also discovered a few loose hoses and a line that had been stucked with a screw. I am attaching pictures for I would like to know what the hoses do and where they go. I know that the orange line sucks (blue circle) in air while the other (green circle) does nothing. The line in the red circle I glued in for it would come out from the carb body and that resolved that vacuum leak. Any ideas? The car runs with a rough idle.

Attachments

• IMG_3633.JPG
    IMG_3633.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 291
  • IMG_3639.JPG
    IMG_3639.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3638.JPG
    IMG_3638.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Back