car wont start, any ideas?

Currently reading:
car wont start, any ideas?

ok then, could it be a simple breakers repair job? is it an easy fix?
though id need to learn what a two pole temp sensor is lol and where to locate it in the nexia!
its amazing how a simple sensor can throw a whole engine out,

I have a similar problem. Wifes Punto 1.2 Reg was running ok but come cold weather it wouldnt start in the morning jumped it of my Rover 75 CDT and it swould start but third moring fuel accidnty left very low now it wont start of jump leads. Changed battery with a fully charged from my local scarp merchants that wouldnt turn the engine over even though showing a good rateing on my battery alternator tester. Try jump starting again the car spluttered into life but ran lumpilly and cut out realised fuel problem and topped her up with 8 to 9 litres again wont start of battery but starter will turn over on charge. I realise it good be air in the pump or a blocked filter but wondereing on the MAF, easy to see on my Alfa 156 but can't locate on this punto. I had read that you can attatch a pump and suck the fuel up into and air from a fuel pipe near the throttle manifold but scratching my head on this. Any ideas - Did have an old Uno years ago (first car) that ran low on fuel and tried turning over 20 time an fired up but with the battery problem I am wondering at some other problem maybe a short some where. Have checked leads and current to started and that seems ok - Theres an air valve on the fuel injection does this drain air or fuel ? :confused:

Last edited:
I have a similar problem. Wifes Punto 1.2 Reg was running ok but come cold weather it wouldnt start in the morning jumped it of my Rover 75 CDT and it swould start but third moring fuel accidnty left very low now it wont start of jump leads. Changed battery with a fully charged from my local scarp merchants that wouldnt turn the engine over even though showing a good rateing on my battery alternator tester. Try jump starting again the car spluttered into life but ran lumpilly and cut out realised fuel problem and topped her up with 8 to 9 litres again wont start of battery but starter will turn over on charge. I realise it good be air in the pump or a blocked filter but wondereing on the MAF, easy to see on my Alfa 156 but can't locate on this punto. I had read that you can attatch a pump and suck the fuel up into and air from a fuel pipe near the throttle manifold but scratching my head on this. Any ideas - Did have an old Uno years ago (first car) that ran low on fuel and tried turning over 20 time an fired up but with the battery problem I am wondering at some other problem maybe a short some where. Have checked leads and current to started and that seems ok - Theres an air valve on the fuel injection does this drain air or fuel ? :confused:

tbh iv not heard of a pump that would suck up the fuel, if its fuel not getting through, have you checked your fuel pump? i took mine out, and put a wire on the positive, and wire on the negative, and connected them to a psare car battery. (i stood back incase a drop of fuel was there and it went bang lmao) thats how i tested my pump, which was fine. ave you checked your distributor cap? thats been a problem for me before. to be honest im not sure what that would drain, i suppose best thing to do is attach a piece of hose to it and put the other end in the bucket, and drain it. only way to know for sure (y). is it running better now? i would have replied sooner, but forgot about this thread lmao.

Back