Car wash

Currently reading:
Car wash

EazyE16

How good are the machine car washes? My car is looking dirt but its always too cold and rainy to hand wash it and ive never been though a machine. Are they as good as doing it yourself? I have a Corsa B if that helps lol. I heard they scratch your car though and break the aerial off.
Also how much is it?

Cheers

How good are the machine car washes? My car is looking dirt but its always too cold and rainy to hand wash it and ive never been though a machine. Are they as good as doing it yourself? I have a Corsa B if that helps lol. I heard they scratch your car though and break the aerial off.
Also how much is it?

Cheers

The strangest paragraph I've read all day

Thanks

They can mark the paint work after a while.... you end up with sorta swirl patterns on the paint, happened to my old car :(

if my car is thaaaaat bad i go to a garage with just the hand held jets (you can buy a programme without using the brush bit) and take all the yucky surface cr@p off then hand wash it.... that usually sets me back £1.90. :eek:

In the nearest town from me there is a car wash place set up. You just drive in, sit in your carand they clean. It's all done by power sprays, with soap and wax stuff as well, and it leaves the car looking shiny :D its about £4

never use a car wash!!!! :eek:

you know when you see a car with millions of tiny scratches? that's what a car wash does to your paint.

never use a car wash!!!! :eek:

you know when you see a car with millions of tiny scratches? that's what a car wash does to your paint.

Great, looks like its the manual labour route for me then. Just need a sunny day now, until then my Corsa will just have to look like its finished a rally stage.

Too cold at this time of year are you soft?

i washed my car last winter and the water running off it was freezing on the drive i was too busy trying to stay upright rather than worry about the cold :D

use luke warm water to wash your car and hey presto warm hands :idea:

Great, looks like its the manual labour route for me then. Just need a sunny day now, until then my Corsa will just have to look like its finished a rally stage.

Dont wash or wax a car in strong bright sunshine...

Corsa B will be OK tho... :devil:

Last edited:
I took my Uno through a Tesco car wash the other week.

F*cking waste of time and money. :(

If you car is cleanish already, then it is ok. However, if your car does have a fair bit of ground in dirt, then there is no other open than hot soapy water, a sponge and plenty of elbow grease.

Regarding the aerial, just take it off before you go in ;)

They don't scratch your car, for a start, the bristles are usually made of rubber, and secondly, do you really think a company would run the risk of letting people sue them for damaging their vehicle?

Last time I used a car wash, it look great big chunks of paint from my wheel trims (to be fair, the wheel trims were cheapo ones, but still). Always hand washed them since, and generally you get a better effect if you do anyway because you can get in the nooks and knannys that the big washers can't do. Also the driers on them never work well either.

Back