Car Tax - Stupid Question

Currently reading:
Car Tax - Stupid Question

Si - Punto

Supercharger whine :)
Right so tomorrow is pay day which means that I want to get the Bravo on the road. The thing is its currently declaired off road so I will need to tax it.

Here's where the stupid question comes into play.

My basic understanding is whenever you tax a vehicle the tax will date as of the beginning of the month. So if I was to tax it on Saturday (24th Feb) I will either have to get the tax to start as of the 1st Feb and therefore lose out on almost 1 months tax (which at £175 a year isnt cheap) or second option is have it start 1st March which means that I cant drive it until Thursday.

Is there any other way of doing this so Im not losing 23 days worth of tax or having to wait until next week to use my car?

Help please......................

That's what I thought to be honest :eek: Just wanted to see if there was a way around the system.

I shall leave it a few days and get it sorted ready for Thursday morning :)

V5 and MOT certificate and sat here ready and waiting, just the insurance documents to wait for.

yes it suck's and if youREALLY need to get it on the road, hten your going to loose out.

but given the other choices the government are throwing at us, I'd much rather loose £25
esp when I just got a parking ticket the other day for something I'm fairly sure I didn't even do (thats £30/60(n) )

Back