Car mats

Currently reading:
Car mats

I have both in the Panda. Carpet mats help with noise supression and rubber protect better, Prices vary a lot, and so does quality and none are as good as they used to be, wearing through in just a few years. I have one set inmy daughters car which are now 16 years old and still lookmlike new, Neoprene type platsic 'rubber' is a little shinier and lacks the rubber smell and I find wears better. My latest set are just a few weeks old and came from eBay. They are a smelly lot but fit very well. Lacking an edge lip however they are not really much good. Buying proper mats for your car helps with fittings. I would recommend getting some fatenings for rubber mats so they dont move about and cause a hazard under the pedals. Look for a set that are fairly flexible so they sit into the contours of the car and you will get a better look. SOme cheap sets are rigid and inflexible and never lie flat.

Bottom line on this is whatever you get they look tatty after a few years and may need replacement so balance the cost and quality with this in mind. My fitted rubber mats for the Panda were about £22. for a set of 4.

For suppliers, just google car mats!

With my Panda's, I had the eBay £20 job 'tailored' ones. Every 1-2 years depending on wear, for the price it wasn't so bad. Great fit to be honest.

My current car I use the genuine rubber mats. I think more money = thicker / heavier duty, maybe better fit.

Avoid anything 'universal', if you don't drive a Golf or Focus it won't fit decently.

Rubber is much easier to clean and less smells over time (except the new rubber smell)
Carpets look and feel nicer in my opinion, but inevitably go rotten over the years

Back