Cannot connect to FTP - Firewall?Server?VPN?

Currently reading:
Cannot connect to FTP - Firewall?Server?VPN?

Hi guys,

right in the office we have a network setup as so:

Computer > Switch (Vigor Router) > Server > Router (Vigor Router) > Outside world.

Now the issue i seem to be having is i cannot access ispsystem software such as ispmanager for my VPS. I struggle to FTP to anywhere, most the time it just wont connect.

Im guessing there are other issue but i was wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this before?

ive tried disabling the Firewall on Vigor but this seems to make no difference. Its kind of a pain in the arse when im trying to do a website or change some settings on the sites and so on. Have to connect to VPN at our other office for it to allow me to do it. And Cisco VPN aint the fastest in the world :(

Ohh also im guessing another issue that will go with this is, sometimes VPN wont connect here. you have to retry and connect multiple times sometimes before it wil connect......

Regards

J

I take it your surfing isn't going through your server (as a proxy) but DNS is getting handled on it? Just curious why you mentioned your server when 99% of the time doesn't have anything to do with your internet connection other than DNS.

The Router sounds faulty to me. Could be NAT isn't working properly or your getting DOS attacked? It shouldn't (by default) firewall outbound traffic anyway. Got a Spare router to try?

Last edited:
I take it your surfing isn't going through your server (as a proxy) but DNS is getting handled on it? Just curious why you mentioned your server when 99% of the time doesn't have anything to do with your internet connection other than DNS.

The Router sounds faulty to me. Could be NAT isn't working properly or your getting DOS attacked? It shouldn't (by default) firewall outbound traffic anyway. Got a Spare router to try?

Server is doing DNS as far as im aware. We also host a website on the server and its an exchange server.

If i changed the router the site would go down, so id have to do it out of hours. Will try the BT router if i get a chance later.

Back