CAN BUS Fiat 250 VP2 RADIO

Currently reading:
CAN BUS Fiat 250 VP2 RADIO

Hiddenvision

Hi All, Many thanks for having a great forum full of useful information.

I have a question on CAN BUS.

Some quick History.
I was given a Non booting VP2 head unit to repair.
It was stuck on the boot logo.
I managed to repair it by reflashing the NAND from a known good image.
I have another unit that is failing to select DAB, it also resets after a few mins.
I know the vehicle is fine because I replaced this unit with the non booting unit I repaired and everything works fine. Customer happy Van is gone.

On trying to power a unit on the bench it simply says Code Error, Please wait.
When I connect some gear I have to talking CAN I can get the radio to prompt for the code but entering it cycles back to the Please wait screen. I know the code is correct but suspect that I am just not giving the correct CAN messages.

So Simple question, does anyone have some detailed information on how to power one of these units on the bench without the need for the VAN or CAR to be connected.

For those that also may have a VP2 unit stuck on the BOOT LOGO I am able to offer assistance in repairing that fault. It normally takes about 2 hours including a USB SW update after. Obviously I need the vehicle to be able to test the unit after until I crack this powering on the bench without a vehicle issue.

Any smarties out there who know some detailed info on Powering these unit on the bench without the need for a vehicle?

Last edited:
Hey Chris,

Cheers for the Like.
Yes the repair is actually pretty easy, though I am sure the right people know an easier method.

The NAND flash used is subject to failing over time and simply needs to be reflashed with a working image followed by a normal USB firmware update to bring it all into line.

I can offer to do this for people for a nominal charge, Obviously I need the vehicle to test the unit and do the final update but happy to also do it via post on the condition that I can only test the unit to power on past the boot logo unless I crack this CAN stuff and the user will have to do their own USB update to complete the process. But for those with units that simply don't pass the boot logo this maybe a valid option.

I am continuing to look into getting the units working on the bench without a vehicle but nothing yet.

Hey who knows, if I get a lot of enquiries to fix the non boot issue I could perhaps afford to buy a suitable car to test the units !!

I am in SW London and available most times.

Hv.

Last edited:
Back