can anyone help

Currently reading:
can anyone help

the taxi man

I have owned and run a 56 plate doblo high top 1.9 jtd as a taxi since new, the car has covers 65 thousand miles and i think the starter motor has packed up?

when the key is tured in the ignitiion there is only clicking from the starter motor, i have tried two batteries on the vehicle with the same result just clicking, so i presume the starter is at fault?

At present the vehicle is on stands and i have attemped to remove the starter motor which is in the most awkward place i have ever seen on a vehicle. Can anyone tell me if it i need to drop the engine and gearbox to make the job easier or is there another way to get the thing out? any comments would be appreciated as i am off the road and its costing me a fortune !!!!

no need to drop engine is just a **** of a job 2 x 13mm bolts on top of starter not a nice job

Thanks for the reply. Your right about it being a c... of a job. I dropped the engine and managed to get it out. Time for a new car i think, its been a pill since day one. You only get what you pay for? I should have bought a vw caddy or a transit connect!!! its the first and last fiat for this man. the doblo is the biggest pile of s... i have ever owned!!!!!

Back