General can anybody help me?

Currently reading:
General can anybody help me?

8 valve hubs?

The 16v rods won't fit the 8v crank............
i don´t know this.
Is this engine MPI or SPI?

What you need to do differs in both cases, engine size, MPI/SPI.

Best bet, if going megasquirt without proper pistons, is Punto 75 engine, 16v rods and pistons.

Otherwise it's either 1108 with the VAD set up recreated (SPI head, one extra injector, MF2, FCD, etc.) -- this is a difficult way to go, at least as far as reliability is concerned.

Or, MPI 1108, special pistons (or other solution), any old aftermarket ECU.

Did I mention there was no easy, cheap, solution?
ok men, i know this;). My engine is an 1108 SPI from a cinq sporting, can i put a copper head gasket?, with the SPI head no problem, what injectors are the best for this?, i think another problem is the istallation of the MF2, i need some photos or an sketch from this.

Last edited:
imho you should...
look for a punto 75 or a late 60(i think late 60 are the same) with this you will hopefully get:

-the punto 75 cam which is almost the perfect turbo cam.
-A block containing oil injectors that cool the bottom of this piston
-MPI intake manifold and fuel rail (standard injectors are good for about 100bhp at a push)

you then need:
-pistons and rods from a 1242 16valve *put the shells/piston rings from the 8valve pistons/rods as you remove them (if knowen good) on to the 16valve pistons/rods - hoan the bores lightly to break any glaze

Late Punto 60s generally have the Punto 75 cam, but are SPI.

You should get a booklet with the MF2. If not, I've got one on a computer somewhere........... Like I say, it's a poor and often inadequate solution (and I have a piston with a hole in it to prove it).

It should be possible to -- so to speak -- convert an SPI engine to MPI by the simple expedient of welding injector bosses onto the manifold and sorting out a fuel rail. Or use a (somewhat modified) P75 manifold and head. If you go for the MPI route, injectors off a 16v 1242 engine should just about be adequate. Otherwise, the early K series ones are said to be good, or, for extreme HP, those off a Ducati Monster.......... Lots of calculators on the net.

Copper gasket is possible. Ferriday can advise.

what article do you recommend me for the 1108 conversion?all the kit or only the mf2.

Attachments

• kit mf2.JPG
    kit mf2.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 13
  • mf2.JPG
    mf2.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 9
hey,i´m here again, i have the punto 75 engine with a turbocharger from a vw passat tdi, a intercooler from a fiat bravo and the oil cooler, i have the ecu from a punto 75 with the keys, can anybody say me if it´s can possible to run? thanks.

Short answer, no it will not run.

The standard management needs to see vacuum to make it work, the turbo will provide positive air pressure which will confuse the system.

To do it properly you need managment from someone like Megasquirt, Omex, Emerald etc.

You can do some of it with an MF2 controller and a fuel cut defender.

Cheers

SPD

Back