Technical can a dvd be patched in to the screen

Currently reading:
Technical can a dvd be patched in to the screen

wilksy

will soon be taking delivery of my stilo abarth, i have a question regarding the connect+ system.

Is the screen capable of running a DVD player and tv tuner as I have both spare from a previous car.

This is a common question and is indeed perfectly sensible - however unfortunately, the answer is no. There is no input lead provided to link up to any external input source.

A shame really, innit ?

;)

--
Neil Barker

Actually my dealer told me that one of his cutomers did 'something' to it (probably hacked its Matrix) and it can play DVD's now.

But this meant that the hardware is not insured anymore because he tampered with it.

I want it too... Although driving and watching a movie is not a good combo.

Although it states that the feature is not yet available my handbook (for a Ulysse) does show what looks to be audio/video inputs located in the glove compartment. Although they're not fitted it may mean that it will be an add on in the future and hence the capability already exists. It could of course also mean that it might be a completely new system being launched in future models.

Update to my last message, the jacks (looks like audio and video) are fitted to my car but connecting a source does not have any effect, hopefully it will be a feature of a later software release.

Back