Technical Cambelt failure

Currently reading:
Technical Cambelt failure

maverick61

The cambelt on my 2005 1.9JTD diesel doblo broke last month 75000 miles causing damage to the cylinder head valves/guides etc. Can't believe the cost I've been quoted to repair the damage!
Anyone had a similar experience &/or got any recommendations on which companies to contact?
I would rather not scrap the vehicle, but may have to if I can't get a reasonable quote to get it fixed!

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions etc
Thanks.

The cambelt on my 2005 1.9JTD diesel doblo broke last month 75000 miles causing damage to the cylinder head valves/guides etc. Can't believe the cost I've been quoted to repair the damage!
Anyone had a similar experience &/or got any recommendations on which companies to contact?
I would rather not scrap the vehicle, but may have to if I can't get a reasonable quote to get it fixed!

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions etc
Thanks.

where are you . the vehicle based..??,
MAY be cheaper to fit another engine,;)

out of interest when was the driveline last changed..??

always worth doing waterpump + idlers - as well as belt,

Charlie

Are you based anywhere near Kent?
My 05 JTD1.9 is going to the scrappers next week. I've run out of patients with the crank shaft timing belt end oil leak. I know I won't get much for it at the scrappers so you're welcome to it for scrapper money. Apart from the seal letting go, the engine was running fine.
At will have to be towed away because I've taken the gear linkage and starter motor off to use on the spare Doblo I've got in my lock up.

Back