Technical Fiat doblo outside temperature and abs edb failure

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat doblo outside temperature and abs edb failure

acakakarot

Hi everyone... doblo 1.9mjt malibu 2009 has wrong temperature readings ...where is the location of the sensor...I tried to disconect pasenger side miror but no effect.

Abs and ebd failure has been switching whit no particular order...sometimes when I press the brake pad...sometime when I switch on wipers...sometimes when switch rear window heating...and sometimes just while driving...no order what so ever....abs wors ok when I tested on ice

Hi,

i'm getting almost the same error (abs failure, ebd failure, switch off engine) quite often for about a year with no special trigger identifiable. Additionally it does not depend on special weather conditions.
So i read a lot about it (in German/Austrian forums.)
Usual suspects are
- low battery (checked, ok)
- ABS sensors (checked, ok)
- fat wiring: battery to starter, battery to engine, alternator to battery (checked, ok)
- tiny wiring and plug connections (mostly checked, ok)
- ABS control unit (Even when the warning comes up the ABS is working fine on mine.)
- Engine control unit
I read all control units out more than once but i never found any errors there.
What i read about this message is that it may indicate that the engine control unit recognises a low voltage somewhere, and then tries to switch off minor appliances in order to keep itself working. Anyway, i never realised any system not functioning while the message being active.
My 2008 223 has the same engine as yours, btw.

So, this is not a one symptom to one solution message.

Good luck

As i wrote my Doblo gave the discussed message more than once during every use for about a year. Oddly enough i haven't seen it for the last two days, nothing. It went as it came, and i did nothing about.

As i wrote my Doblo gave the discussed message more than once during every use for about a year. Oddly enough i haven't seen it for the last two days, nothing. It went as it came, and i did nothing about.
It still didn't reappear, and i don't have a single idea why since i did nothing in order to get rid of it.

I just bought a 2002 Stilo which was quite cheap because it is producing multiple error messages which come and go. The car is working fine though.

Back to my Doblo: Some time ago i cleaned all electrical connections i could reach, found one that was broken, fixed it. I had no error messages for about a year until the discussed message came up. I read the ECU out, no errors. I drove on further without bothering to search for the origin. Now it went on its own.

My tipp: While the message being active test the ABS. If it works, your van is just playing catlike games. If not there is a problem. Cleaning the (don't forget the tiny) connections may be a first step to get rid of the problem.

Good luck

Last edited:
It is my brother car...and it bothers me more than him...abs edb come an go very fast...it is anoying because beeps al day sometimes...and also sometime do not appear long time. I think 6 months did not appear

Back